Bolex Yverdon closed?

Patricia Dauder

On 7/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, Arthur Gartmann - Bolex International said:

Bolex International is running as it was over the last decade with extended focus on customer-service.

Today after-sales organization is in place to serve better our customers directly, meaning, not anymore through not authorized dealer or agent.

Special focus on repair is made, by qualified Bolex technician with original Bolex Certified spare part.

In order, to protect our employees’ health against unpredictable Covid-19, we significantly reduce our activities.

Bolex International has appointed Hugo Diaz as administrator only, ownership of the company is not public information.

Bolex International reserves the right at any time to attack any disinformation campaign against the brand mark.

The official list of retailer will be formaly publish in the official website.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, Arthur Gartmann - Bolex International said:

Bolex International is running as it was over the last decade with extended focus on customer-service.

Today after-sales organization is in place to serve better our customers directly, meaning, not anymore through not authorized dealer or agent.

Special focus on repair is made, by qualified Bolex technician with original Bolex Certified spare part.

In order, to protect our employees’ health against unpredictable Covid-19, we significantly reduce our activities.

Bolex International has appointed Hugo Diaz as administrator only, ownership of the company is not public information.

Bolex International reserves the right at any time to attack any disinformation campaign against the brand mark.

The official list of retailer will be formaly publish in the official website.

Hello

So there is somebody left and the lights haven't been turned off. 

Anyway, I've been trying to contact you cats and have not recieved any replies. i need light sealing materials for an older H16 I'm rebuilding. I've purchased parts from one of your agents (Chanbless Cine in Atlanta USA) and I was informed light seal materials are no longer made for older cameras. Do you have a substitute? Is it possible to use other materials? 

While we're at it, does the camera take special oils and greases? Can you use a light teflon based grease? Can you use a light 20w non detergent oil? If these are unacceptable, what do you recommend and do you sell them.

Also, I hope you guys finish your website. I know these times have been frustrating, but we really want to see Bolex up and running so we can keep your beautiful cameras running.

Look forward to hearing from you

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

The legendary and humble Jaakko Kurhi happens to live about 45 minutes drive from me. I have taken him a couple of Bolex' for maintenance, and one of his old Animation Controllers for repair, but recently he told me that he is officially retired. He leaves his site up "for informational purposes" as he says.

He let me take this photo of him in 2018 when I brought in a camera. At the time he was working on an optical printer using some of his remaining parts stock:

Google photo link

So sadly, that's one less bonafied Bolex expert available to the world. 

• 7 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Jiri Makovec said:

My Bolex Rex4 still vignetting with all different Super 16 lenses after repair of their own Super 16 conversion from Bolex International 

IMG414.jpg

Actualy all problems with my camera were resolved. Yverdon Bolex technician had completely fixed the issues I had, I am very thankfull to him! My camera works perfectly now. I am sorry for late post this issue was resolved while ago.

• 8 months later...