35mm 3perf impact on super 16?

Alain LeTourneau

As David said, everyones version of " quality" is different.

Thank you for just undermining your own argument here Landon. Since by your own admission you are not a cinematographer and neither can you spot the difference between a photochemical and a digital finish, has it occured to you that you might not be qualified to make any comparisons between the two?

considering that 98% of the people to see the work will be dumb asses like myself (the audiance your making the film for) I would say I do feel qualified.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
As David said, everyones version of " quality" is different.

considering that 98% of the people to see the work will be dumb asses like myself (the audiance your making the film for) I would say I do feel qualified.

Hi,

You currently use the title 'Director', previousely 'Feature Director'. I would expect such a person to be able to see more than the average member of the audiance.

Just my 2c.

Stephen

And I would make a suggestion to you personally, and please accepted as a friendly one,

Try to quit your stuborn alltitude, (friendly advice even that we are not friends) cause I have the feelling that all your collaborations will suffer in the end.

And I repeat, that I have no attention to offend you, just advising you.

I know that it will upset you though, as I ve seen from your altitude on the previous posts.

Dimitrios Koukas

I have the attitude? All I said was that my version of quality is different than his. Does anyone else find that a "Stuborn Attitiude"? Last I checked, everyone had a right to an opinion, but then again, who knows.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

• Premium Member
Last I checked, everyone had a right to an opinion, but then again, who knows.

Of course everyone has a right to an opinion, but you also have to realize that not all opinions carry the same weight. And some don't carry any weight at all.

• Premium Member
I have the attitude? All I said was that my version of quality is different than his. Does anyone else find that a "Stuborn Attitiude"? Last I checked, everyone had a right to an opinion, but then again, who knows.

Landon,

First of all if my statement about find you stuborn is over the edge, my apologies.

Most of the times when we are talkin about quality in general is something that has subjective base and comes out of personal judgments or criteria.

But when we are talking about quality of film or media like for example 8mm on a projected screen, versus IMAX, it's a different story I guess?

It's like talkin for a clone banana and a real one.

I guess then we can all be really objective about what quality means.

I ve found you talking about things that you have never used and just read from their specs, seemming to know the final result?

And with great confidence, pointing out to your fellows here what is good and bad.

When last I have checked too, noone in this forum has your attitude.

Many times David and Stephen have pointed out their facts to me, that I have accepted, cause I trust their proffesional attitude and many times I have learned things from them, and that is what makes this forum really great.

Nobody here wants to look better or seem better, we are having issues that need a solution and especcially now that technology is changing rapidly with 3 new formats in HD every year.

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
Many times David and Stephen have pointed out their facts to me, that I have accepted, cause I trust their proffesional attitude and many times I have learned things from them, and that is what makes this forum really great.

Dimitrios Koukas

Landon,

Most DoP's carry on learning throughout their lives. One of the reasons many 'OLD' ones earn more!

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...