Where to buy?

Anastasia Loguinova

• Premium Member
Hi,

Do enybody know  where one can buy (in Europe) a used Arriflex for a reasonable price?

Thanks.

Hi,

Pille, a rental company I have used in Germany is selling some equipment

http://www.used-filmequipment.com/

The equipment I rented from them was always in good conditon, so I think its worth a look.

Stephen

Hi,

Pille, a rental company I have used in Germany is selling some equipment

http://www.used-filmequipment.com/

The equipment I rented from them was always in good conditon, so I think its worth a look.

Stephen

Thanks for the link it helped me a lot!

Anastasia

What type of ARRI are u looking for?

Dimitrios Koukas

I had a look at the prices on tha site that Stephen gave me and I think that 35mm, even used, is still very expensive (I don't want to buy a very old stuff). That's why I think I can afford ARRI SR16.

Anastasia

• Premium Member
I had a look at the prices on tha site that Stephen gave me and I think that 35mm, even used, is still very expensive (I don't want to buy a very old stuff). That's why I think I can afford ARRI SR16.

Anastasia

And that means,

that u are looking for a silent camera?

Dimitrios

And that means,

that u are looking for a silent camera?

Dimitrios

Yes, sure. I think of ARRI 16 SR II. But I've actually never dealt with 16mm (only video and 35mm) that's why I'm curious about what will be the best choice. May be you can advise me something?

Anastasia

Yes, sure. I think of ARRI 16 SR II. But I've actually never dealt with 16mm (only video and 35mm) that's why I'm curious about what will be the best choice. May be you can advise me something?

Anastasia

Hello,

The SR2 is a very good camera, I have used it a bunch of times and found it to be a very reliable camera. I once shot a whole short handheld with this camera, it is light enough that I could do this with no back pain after the shoot which is rare. If the SR2 doesn't work out there are many good Aaton camera's for 16 or Super-16 which you could look into, the XTR is excellent.

The SR2 is very easy and quick to load and is able to shoot at many different frame rates.

Are you looking to buy Regular or super 16 camera? (most newer cameras are easily converted so this doesn't neccessarily need to be decided before buying).

Cheers.

• Premium Member

Anastasia

Not so many advises to give, ARRI SR II it's a very advanced camera ahead of many others like Eclair NPR or ECL, but I believe that u should look and check the Aaton's XTR prod camera too.

Dimitrios Koukas

Hello,

The SR2 is a very good camera, I have used it a bunch of times and found it to be a very reliable camera. I once shot a whole short handheld with this camera, it is light enough that I could do this with no back pain after the shoot which is rare. If the SR2 doesn't work out there are many good Aaton camera's for 16 or Super-16 which you could look into, the XTR is excellent.

The SR2 is very easy and quick to load and is able to shoot at many different frame rates.

Are you looking to buy Regular or super 16 camera? (most newer cameras are easily converted so this doesn't neccessarily need to be decided before buying).

Cheers.

Hi,

thanks for the advise. I think I'll stop my choice on ARRI super16 SRII. The only thing is where to buy a used ARRI in fare condition for a reasonable price?

Anastasia

Hi,

thanks for the advise. I think I'll stop my choice on ARRI super16 SRII. The only thing is where to buy a used ARRI in fare condition for a reasonable price?

Anastasia

I don't know if E-bay is an option where you are but if it is, be VERY careful about buying anything from E-bay, it's sad to say but most times on E-bay if something looks too good to be true it usually is. I recently bought a camera (Aaton LTR 7 super 16mm), and nearly got involved in the whole E-bay circus, luckily I came to my senses before I got burnt and went elswhere for my camera.

Since you are in Europe- I have heard that Icefilms UK often sells lots of used Aaton 16mm cameras, you could check them out, they might sell SR2's as well I'm not sure.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...