super16mm lens mount

Robert Glenn

It's a basic question, but the conversion of regular 16mm to 35mm mountwise just means recentering the mount 1mm to the left, or is it the right? This is if you're behind the camera. Also is it exactly 1mm?

Thanks

sorry i meant regular 16mm to super16mm

• Premium Member

Facing the gate, the super 16 area of the gate expands to the left (opposite of the claw). It follows that the mount will also move to the left. I'm not sure if it's 1mm exactly. I'm not at my bench so I don't have access to my notes, but I'd wager you're moving it somewhere between 1.07 - 1.25 mm. It really depends on what the camera manufacturer decided was the 'real' Super16 aperture. They vary by as much as 250 microns between manufacturers.

Facing the gate, the super 16 area of the gate expands to the left (opposite of the claw). It follows that the mount will also move to the left. I'm not sure if it's 1mm exactly. I'm not at my bench so I don't have access to my notes, but I'd wager you're moving it somewhere between 1.07 - 1.25 mm. It really depends on what the camera manufacturer decided was the 'real' Super16 aperture. They vary by as much as 250 microns between manufacturers.

thanks nathan!

• Premium Member
but I'd wager you're moving it somewhere between 1.07 - 1.25 mm. It really depends on what the camera manufacturer decided was the 'real' Super16 aperture. They vary by as much as 250 microns between manufacturers.

Hi,

You would win! I have 1.13mm in some notes I have. As you say it varies by manufacture.

Stephen