What happened to the TS-mount adapters?

Philip Widmann

Hello Eclair experts and lovers,

I own an Eclair ACL II and recently I've started looking again for lens mount adapters. I'm specifically looking for adapters to use Aaton, Arri-B, and PL lenses on the ACL. I know that Les Bosher can make those and that there are readymade possibilities to adapt the ones mentioned above to C-mount in the market.

But I was wondering what happened to the original adapters (presumably produced by Eclair) from the ACL's TS-mount to a fairly broad range of other mounts. In the past two years or so, I've only come across two of these on ebay. Is anyone hoarding them for better days to come?

Does anyone know more about this?

Best,
Philip

Hi Philip,

They are occasionally available. Just within a week or two two adapters were sold on Ebay: one Cameflex and one Arri-S. Within the same timeframe also a Nikon adapter was sold on Facebook Eclair group.

So, they are available, but you might need to check Ebay daily. ACL items tend to move fast :)

Arri-B adapters seem to be more rare and PL-mount -- well, better just buy one from Les. Aaton adapter I'm not sure if I have even seen before, online or IRL...

• 2 weeks later...