Uh... My photographs

nice. i really like the portrait shot of the girl in the red jumper, although it lacks a little bit of sharpness in her face... but that might be jpg compression ?

i also like the black and white photo of the two women with the white faces.

check out my portfolio at www.hereticarts.com ;)

• Premium Member

PAVEL KRUKOV- I like your placement of her in last 1/3 of frame here. You have isolated her

from the background effectively and yet the left foreground is slightly more

in focus with strong color. It drops back then more and more out of focus.

May I suggest use of reflector to place stronger catch light in each eye. I be-

lieve stronger catch light is called for here. But then again if you saw it creat-

tively as having less catch light then thats okay. For godsakes never be afraid

to break the rules. I like your use of strong color in all elements of the frame.

Other than having to create a certain mood, I always favor very strong use of

color when shooting in color. Red-Green-Blue. I love to photograph beautiful

women and accent their beauty. I like the strong use of yellow also. Just yest-

erday I had a chance at a great shot- beautiful woman walking the street,steady

rain(drizzle) and she was dressed in blue and white(elegant) under a red and yel-

low umbrella. I was carrying a canon eos-1 with fuji velvia 100F and a canon 20D.

I was out to get some rainy day shots for stock. Due to pedestrians,rain, and her

hurried walk to a car the whole shot went south. I will see it in my mind,my eyes

for a long,long time. You see it had all the elements of a great photograph. Some-

times we have to wait so long for a great shot.

tanee- I love japanese women and I aprreciate their beauty. This photograph reminds me

of beautiful japanese women. It brings back to me scenes from the film "Geisha". I

loved the most beautiful use of color and the low light photography in this most exc-

ellent film. Then again I think of "Persona" and the beauty of Bibi Andresson and Liv

Ullman. I like the use of one girl in profile and the other in a 3/4 pose,filling the frame

from the center. Again I think we need a little more catch light in each eye here. Of

course we do not want the catch light to be over powering but only as an accent. I love

your use of texture in this photograph. I believe it is slightly erotic but to me it is so very

beautiful. When I photograph a beautiful women I donot think of sex but rather how to

capture her beauty on the negative/flash card. I'm aware of their beauty,the person,the

character,the real woman. Too me the beauty of the two women is stronger than the er-

otic. You must realize how subtle changes of light- intensity,quality,direction can alter the

mood,theme,genre. This is my favorite example in your portfolio posted here. I'm strong-

ly reminded though of Alma and Elisabet,their beauty. If you know your filmology you

will know then who I'm speaking of.

Thank you sir for allowing me to critique your work. I viewed your portfolio with great pleasure.

Greg Gross

• Premium Member
Are there any other fotocommunities?

The largest is probably www.photo.net. There is also www.apug.org, which focuses on analog black and white. I noticed the large format camera in one of your photos. You might also want to have a look at www.largeformatphotography.info.

Another one of the biggest is http://www.photosig.com

They are known for being very strict though and it is fairly easy to get expelled. Another important issue is that erotic photographers use it to rate their efforts as well - but there are ratings G, G and R and R

so make sure your settings are correct - images with a different rating will show up as blocked

I do quite a bit of stills photography and theirs seems the biggest and highest quality

here is an example

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos?sort=rating-d

thanks

Rolfe

• Premium Member
I didn`t take it...

I`ve made it. But the last two raws are not my photographs. It is the photographs that I "recommend".

They are not prescribed to me. They are just shown there.

So which ones- exactly- did you take? If you want people to critique your work, it's better if those people know which ones you're responsible for. You said:

Actually, only the first four raws are my photos.

One of the first four is the shot of the dog figurine. So that's NOT one of yours?