Redrock M2 Adapter+DVX100b

Naaman miles

DVX100b and M2 are compatible. I've used the two before.

You can either go with the SD Achromat or the new one. There is no shimming or modding needed to fit the two together either. HVX, JVC, etc. need adjustments to fit.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Matt Workman

• 2 weeks later...

Absoutly, it works on my 100a the 100b is exactly the same dimentions. However in order to "flip" the image in the LCD screen requires a special trick. On the 100 and 100a all you need is a tiny rareearth magnet next to the screen to flip the image over and make it the corrct orientation. On the 100b however, apparently there is a smal rubber panel in the hinge of the LCD screen on the 100b. Under this there is a small hole that has a pin. What exactly youre supposed to do with this i do not know. somethign about activating a small pin to make the magnet trick work. Post the question on Dvxuser . com they would know better than me. there is a solution however.

I would warm against the magnet trick. You are playing with fire. Also it only flips the image one way, it doesn't really solve your problem.

Get a Varizoom SD monitor or a Xenarc. They both flip the image correctly. I have a Noga isreali arm and I just mount the monitor upside down. The new Marshalls and Pansonic monitors are easily mounted like that also.

Magnets and DVX is not a good mix. There is a reason the magnet trick is called a hack.

Magnets and DVX is not a good mix. There is a reason the magnet trick is called a hack.

Indeed.

The DV Rack software will also flip your image for you both vertically and horizontally. It also gives you a waveform monitor and other goodies. Of course, the downside is keeping your laptop powered. . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...