Beginners Super8 Camera

Gencer Hassan

Could some one recommend a good super 8 camera for a beginner.

I currently have a Nizo 6080 and haven't had any luck shooting with it. Everything is always over exposed. Maybe its broken or maybe its me ? So i've decided i want to get a simpler super 8 camera. One that can take modern film such as Ektachrome 64T and Vision 200T without any problems.

Let the recommendations begin.

Thanks

Gencer

Hey Gencer Hassan!

Insist with that camera, study this forum and soon you ll start having great results!

Dont go for a simpler one, but before that make sure your camera functions properly.

And also heres a link where you can find the instructions manual of your camera in case you dont have it!

http://www.mondofoto.com/manuals/

Alexandros

I'm not sure the auto expose is working on it properly. Everything just comes out very white and only when there is little light does the film look ok. I tried the dial on the side but that didn't seem to make much difference. That's why i'm looking for another camera. One thats slightly simpler to use for a complete novice like me. Me and the 6080 just aren't getting on at the moment. Which is a shame really.

You have a great camera in your hands (the Nizo 6080) and if it overexposes your film

check the ring on the right hand side of the camera at the base below the lens:

there is a ring that can adjust the aperture of the auto-exposure.

Here is a link to the camera manual

http://www.duallcamera.com/nizo_6080-6056.pdf

check page 20

This ring was designed to give the filmaker a range in

projection (brighter/darker). Put it back to zero or in the middle if you wish

and the exposure should then be correct with all of the Kodak stocks

(Plus-X, Tri-X, 64T, 200T and 500T). If not, you should have

your camera CLA (cleaned, lubed and aligned) and it will be perfect ! :lol:

Could some one recommend a good super 8 camera for a beginner.

I currently have a Nizo 6080 and haven't had any luck shooting with it. Everything is always over exposed. Maybe its broken or maybe its me ? So i've decided i want to get a simpler super 8 camera. One that can take modern film such as Ektachrome 64T and Vision 200T without any problems.

Let the recommendations begin.

Thanks

Gencer

Get a Canon 518 Auto Zoom. It shoots 18 fps and 36fps (slow motion) and will expose any stock including 64T and 200 Negative film. You can probably buy one for 40$-60$ on eBay. Its big brother, 518 SV, is also a great camera. It has a few more features including 24fps.

Best,

Victor