k3 questions

Micah Ellars

• Premium Member
In 20 second increments. And your wrist is going to get mighty sore from winding.

With a retrofitted motor, stretch that out to 2.5 minutes. Then spend the next 2.5 minutes reloading. Repeat.

I guess that's one definition of "slice" of life. ;-) Many small slices...

That's why I wish I could use my Kodak K-100 more, the wind lasts for 40 seconds. But I need a reflexed lens for it and I can never find one for sale.

I still have little circle indentations on my palm from winding my K-3 this weekend. K-3 owners know what I'm talking about.

In 20 second increments. And your wrist is going to get mighty sore from winding.

With a retrofitted motor, stretch that out to 2.5 minutes. Then spend the next 2.5 minutes reloading. Repeat.

I guess that's one definition of "slice" of life. ;-) Many small slices...

Yes, This problem of all mechanical spring motor cameras.

You don't have experience to use of 35 mm spring motor camera, like AKS-1, this camera have more hard spring.

If you not love spring cameras, you need cameras with electrical motor ( like Kinor-16 SX-2M ).

You not need load spring, Kinor don't have not spring, you press on start-stop button and camera run.

You will need change of film magazines and battery only.

The crank handle for the K3 the good device, but, the camera not change of maximum time of one shooting.

This will 20..28 sec.

If you wish shoot more long scenes, you need camera with electrical motor.

Kinor-16 can have maximum time of non stop shooting - 10 minutes ( with 120 m magazine ).