Cinematographer needed for 16mm film

I am shooting a 16mm film for school but i am submitting it for european festivals as well. We are using a bolex camera and i need someone who is familiar with this type of cameras. Project is still in pre-production and i am looking for an experienced cinematographer to collaborate on the design of the whole project! i am located in long island and further information can be given to those who are interested working on this project via e-mail. Feel free to contact me on aesthetic-ga@hotmail.com

• Premium Member

Shoot me an e mail if you'd like. I'm down in Philadelphia, but I'd be happy to offer whatever insights I have.

adrian@adriansierkowski.com.

Also should add my reel and the like is on my webpage in my signature. And I don't think it is/was the money that kept people from responding. . . but it seems the boards are just pretty quiet of late? Busy time I guess.

I'd be interested. I own a bolex myself, a very clean REX4 with a full set of Kern lenses and a Tobin crystal sync motor. I'm very familiar with the camera, and shoot with it whenever I can... in fact, I'll be shooting a project with it this thursday and friday.

I'm a student, graduating this fall. I live in baltimore, but there's a bus that runs from here to Manhattan for $35 roundtrip.

Below is my film II project. I shot on my bolex cameras instead of the Arriflex SR2 we were given; a cheaper camera with good prime lenses is way better than an expensive camera with a beat up zoom.

I also do storyboards, so that aspect of your design collaboration would be covered.

youth09.jpg

youth10.jpg

youth11.jpg

Send me some details on your project and I'l get back to you asap.

jordanhassay@gmail.com

Ha, Jordan, I can 1-up you with my SR3 and primes ;)

That's a nice little short though. Which stock did you roll? 50D or 250?

250D, and if you ever need a first or second AC for your SR3 I'm onboard. You've got my email now :)

(if it helps, I've already got experience in those roles around an SR3)

• Premium Member

You need to change your screen name to your full first and last name as per forum rules. You can do this by going into "my controls" at the top of the page. I think this might also get you more responses.

Thank you very much for your response people. I am posting this message again on a different forum regarding jobs. i am also adding more information about the project. once again thank you very much and i hope to hear from people soon..

I think you're in one of my classes dude. I sent you an email.