Aaton XTR Super 16 package

Topher Ryan

Just wanted to give all the decent people out there a heads up:

PLEASE READ AND COMPARE ALL FOUR LINKS. Decide for yourself!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/1029104653.html

http://www.tradepoint.ca/RegularItemDetail...x?itemid=170976

http://www.mandy.com/1/class3.cfm?v=31622574

http://www.betadev.org/forsale/Aaton/Aaton.html

• Premium Member

That's Jason Martin's camera package and he is trying to sell it. He is in Kingston, New York, not Texas or Toronto Canada.

Jason first tried to sell it on CML and when it didn't sell, he listed it on eBay. The first time he put it on eBay he forgot to put a reserve on the auction, so he took it down. He has since re-listed it here:

Aaton XTR camera package

Jason is legit, it's just someone stole his pictures and description. The craigslist post is a scam (no surprise there) and the tradepoint post is a scam. The Mandy ad is Jason's and the Betadev post are the pictures Jason put up (I think, not 100% sure on that last one).

So if you are interested in the camera you can bid on eBay or contact Jason directly, it's his camera package.

Best,

-Tim

That's Jason Martin's camera package and he is trying to sell it. He is in Kingston, New York, not Texas or Toronto Canada.

Jason first tried to sell it on CML and when it didn't sell, he listed it on eBay. The first time he put it on eBay he forgot to put a reserve on the auction, so he took it down. He has since re-listed it here:

Aaton XTR camera package

Jason is legit, it's just someone stole his pictures and description. The craigslist post is a scam (no surprise there) and the tradepoint post is a scam. The Mandy ad is Jason's and the Betadev post are the pictures Jason put up (I think, not 100% sure on that last one).

So if you are interested in the camera you can bid on eBay or contact Jason directly, it's his camera package.

Best,

-Tim

Great, I was hoping someone would recognize the pictures. I will gladly edit/remove my post, but I felt this deserved some attention.

I would encourage you to leave it up. That way folks will know how to actually purchase the camera if they are interested and will know which listings are frauds.

Best,

-Tim

If anybody here is skilled at internet vigilante justice. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the other info I have on the scammer. These things piss me off to no end.

I would encourage you to leave it up. That way folks will know how to actually purchase the camera if they are interested and will know which listings are frauds.

Best,

-Tim

I asked the Jason (the ebay seller) seller a question via email about the lens adapter in the package and received an answer that, most likely, only an Aaton owner would know so I was convinced it was no scam. Also, his email did confirm that he was in Kingston NY. It's a great package and from my computer seems very legit.

I asked the Jason (the ebay seller) seller a question via email about the lens adapter in the package and received an answer that, most likely, only an Aaton owner would know so I was convinced it was no scam. Also, his email did confirm that he was in Kingston NY. It's a great package and from my computer seems very legit.

Oh no, I should make this very clear. Jason in Kingston New York IS the legit seller, as Tim pointed out. Someone has taken the pictures and info from his listings and set up some fake listings. Please read the entire thread and especially Tim's first post.

• Premium Member
I asked the Jason . . . about the lens adapter in the package . . .

Kip,

Interesting thing about that lens adapter in the package.

7.jpg

It is a rather rare ARRI bayonet to PL mount adapter made by ARRI themselves, and it was designed specifically to work with the Arriflex 16SR3 and the Zeiss Super Speed MkI lenses Jason is also selling. With that adapter on the SR3, you can push a little button on the outside of the camera and it will release the bayonet mount lens from the PL adapter, while the whole assembly is still in the camera, (no need to take the lens and PL adapter out of the camera, separate the lens from the adapter, put another lens into the adapter, and then put the whole assembly back in the camera). So that adapter makes the SR3 a bayonet mount camera. Other PL adapters won't work like that and won't interface with the SR3 camera.

Just another bit of useless ARRI trivia floating around in the gray matter.

Best,

-Tim

Kip,

Interesting thing about that lens adapter in the package.

7.jpg

It is a rather rare ARRI bayonet to PL mount adapter made by ARRI themselves, and it was designed specifically to work with the Arriflex 16SR3 and the Zeiss Super Speed MkI lenses Jason is also selling. With that adapter on the SR3, you can push a little button on the outside of the camera and it will release the bayonet mount lens from the PL adapter, while the whole assembly is still in the camera, (no need to take the lens and PL adapter out of the camera, separate the lens from the adapter, put another lens into the adapter, and then put the whole assembly back in the camera). So that adapter makes the SR3 a bayonet mount camera. Other PL adapters won't work like that and won't interface with the SR3 camera.

Just another bit of useless ARRI trivia floating around in the gray matter.

Best,

-Tim

It looked like a Les Bosher creation to me as I hadn't seen an Arri adapter like that ever.... thanks for the education