Canon 814 Auto Zoom Film?

BlankVandal

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I've just bought my first super 8 camera, the Canon 814 Auto Zoom and I was wondering whether this camera takes Kodak Ektachrome 100D film? I know this may seem like a very stupid question but I'm new to this and can not seem to find the information anywhere online. Thanks :)

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I've just bought my first super 8 camera, the Canon 814 Auto Zoom and I was wondering whether this camera takes Kodak Ektachrome 100D film? I know this may seem like a very stupid question but I'm new to this and can not seem to find the information anywhere online. Thanks :)

Yes it can. If you don't have the manual of this camera I can send you a copy by e-mail. Don't forget to load a new button cell for it's lightmeter.

• 5 months later...

Hi BlankVandal

I've just bought the same camera - my first too, and seem to be in the same place you were 6 months ago; going round and round in circles trying to work out what bloody film to put in the damn thing - every time I think I have the answer I find it was discontinued!

How did the Ektachrome 100D work out for you? What do the films you took look like? Stupid questions, but how long does a reel last (bought mine to shoot my honeymoon and want to take enough with me!) and how easy is it to get developed?

Thanks

paul

Hi BlankVandal

I've just bought the same camera - my first too, and seem to be in the same place you were 6 months ago; going round and round in circles trying to work out what bloody film to put in the damn thing - every time I think I have the answer I find it was discontinued!

How did the Ektachrome 100D work out for you? What do the films you took look like? Stupid questions, but how long does a reel last (bought mine to shoot my honeymoon and want to take enough with me!) and how easy is it to get developed?

Thanks

paul

I´ll insist: All Canon 814 can work with all films available in the market. So if the camera is in correct condition, there's nothing to worry about... at least about the camera itself.

Moreover, E100D is correctly recognized by "almost" all the Super8 cameras, even the crapiest ones.

E100D is processed in the most common E-6 process, so it's the easiest and cheapest filmstock to get developed.

Thanks Miguel, wasn't doubting you! I was just wondering how BlankVandal had found the camera and the film - ie how did his efforts turn out.

Btw as you seem to know what you're talking about, do Super 8 cartridges really only give you around 2.5 mins of filming?

Thanks paul

do Super 8 cartridges really only give you around 2.5 mins of filming?

Hi Paul, Super8 cartridges last for 3 min 20'' of filming at the normal speed of 18 fps, and 2 min 40'' at 24 fps. As you may know 24 fps is for more professional results (not necessarily worth it for normal or amateur use) and not all cameras nor projectors offer this speed. Also, if you want to project the film later you will need a projector capable to run at 24, otherwise motion in the pictures will run slower than natural.