Using my camera for a production

So basically im working as an operator on a feature, and the directer asked to use my camera. Seeing as this is a low bidget indie flick, im wondering weather its worth it. i've already shot myself in the foot about saying yes, however I was wondering if anybody has had any experience on this. Im worried that if for some reason my camera brakes, or anything of that nature that I wont be provided for. Is there a procedure to go about using your prudcuts on sets. Should I imply certain things to the director in terms of securing my camera, or should simply say no.

Thanks!

You SHOULD get paid for use of your camera after all there are maintenance issues, wear and tear and transportation. GET some cash for your equipment rental. I wouldn't use my personal stuff for free unless I owed the guy a favor. Listen, this is business. How much did you pay for your stuff, how much does it cost to service your equipment, how much does it cost to replace anything that gets damaged in the event the insurance decides not to pay or undervalues it and yo have to sue? I'm not saying you can't cut them a break and set a price cheaper that a rental house but don't screw yourself. B)

You should create a rental Contract also- even if you rent it at $0.00 and have the Replacement Value on the Contract/agreement.

As mentioned you should request a Certificate of Insurance listing you as

"Additional Insured/Loss payee"

...and have that Cert in your hand before use of the camera