Beaulieu 6008 Schneider-Kreuznach 6-70 zoom

Perry Paolantonio

It's my understanding that this is a C-mount lens once you remove the motorized zoom control box that's attached to it, along with the larger ring screw mount. I'm wondering if anyone has instructions on how to do this?

I've taken out the three set screws that hold the collar that the zoom control seems to be attached to, and I was hoping the whole thing might slide off or unscrew, but it's not happening. So, I feel like I'm missing something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-perry

Edited by Perry Paolantonio

• Premium Member

are you sure its a c=mount lens, once the LCU is removed? we are talking about a 6008 with 6-70 lens with a larger mounting ring that screws to camera body? Pretty sure my late 6008 with 6-70, the 6-70 had no c=mount thread.

Hmm. I think you're right. It looked like the back element could be c-mount, surrounded by a non-threaded stainless steel ring, but now that I measure it with my digital calipers, it's just smaller than the diameter of a c-mount. So I guess it's on to plan B!

Thanks,

-perry

Hmm. I think you're right. It looked like the back element could be c-mount, surrounded by a non-threaded stainless steel ring, but now that I measure it with my digital calipers, it's just smaller than the diameter of a c-mount. So I guess it's on to plan B!

Thanks,

-perry

It doesn't have a screwthread. And the LCU is fixed to the tube too.