Against The Wild 2. South Africa here I come!

Well, here we go again, this time South Africa!

I fly Friday night for South Africa and begin a two month shoot on the African veld working with lions, elephants, giraffes, monkeys, hyena, snakes, crocodiles, warthogs, and of course kids and dogs.

South Africa is an amazing place to film and has so much to offer. I was there last June for the location scout and it was amazing. Southern Africa is spectacular, and I hope to capture much of this on film for my African survival "epic" motion picture. :D

Here's me with the bull elephant that will be in the movie and feeding the giraffe that will also appear in the movie.

Lot's more to come....

R,

post-4653-0-41830600-1426474208_thumb.jpg

post-4653-0-33859500-1426474258_thumb.jpg

Looking great Richard! Are you having the same kids come back for the sequel? I thought they did a good job in the first one.

Really hope you are going to include the pilot again. He was a great actor and came across well in the first movie. He gets my vote!

I'm glad there will be lots of real animals! More animals and less stock footage and bad cgi.

Come on Richard! I know it's hard with sequels but lets see you make this new movie even better than the last one! :)

I have my fingers crossed for you!

Freya

• Premium Member

Congratulations!

You could even cast our last King, Juan Carlos I of Spain, he spent a lot of his holidays killing elephants in South Africa (and we criticise him because of that, among other things)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/16/article-0-129AB55C000005DC-860_634x518.jpg

Have a lovely Paddy's day!

Congratulations!

You could even cast our last King, Juan Carlos I of Spain, he spent a lot of his holidays killing elephants in South Africa (and we criticise him because of that, among other things)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/16/article-0-129AB55C000005DC-860_634x518.jpg

Have a lovely Paddy's day!

Chinook and the kids save the elephants from the evil dictator!

That could work maybe! :)

Freya

• Upvote 1

Looking great Richard! Are you having the same kids come back for the sequel? I thought they did a good job in the first one.

Really hope you are going to include the pilot again. He was a great actor and came across well in the first movie. He gets my vote!

I'm glad there will be lots of real animals! More animals and less stock footage and bad cgi.

Come on Richard! I know it's hard with sequels but lets see you make this new movie even better than the last one! :)

I have my fingers crossed for you!

Freya

No, all new cast. I didn't see any stock footage or bad CGI in the last movie?

R,

No, all new cast. I didn't see any stock footage or bad CGI in the last movie?

R,

Didn't think the cgi fire worked that well when the plane was going down and the interior windows of the plane didn't work that well either.

(Think I've mentioned this before!)

These things stood out as the movie mostly looked really good and consistent especially with the real animals where people might cop out and cgi it!

That shot of the helicopter is surely stock footage isn't it? It looks nice but it stands out quite a lot compared to the Alexa footage.

Sad to hear the pilot won't be in it this time. He did a fantastic job in your last movie.

So the new movie doesn't even feature Chinook?

Freya

Didn't think the cgi fire worked that well when the plane was going down and the interior windows of the plane didn't work that well either.

(Think I've mentioned this before!)

These things stood out as the movie mostly looked really good and consistent especially with the real animals where people might cop out and cgi it!

That shot of the helicopter is surely stock footage isn't it? It looks nice but it stands out quite a lot compared to the Alexa footage.

Sad to hear the pilot won't be in it this time. He did a fantastic job in your last movie.

So the new movie doesn't even feature Chinook?

Freya

Yes, Chinook survived the sequel script writing process. This time he's trying to save two new kids. :blink:

R,

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure the kids are enjoying it even more than you! ;)

That would be the understatement of the year, yes. :D

R,

• Premium Member

I remember being in South Africa at the beginning of April for a very long commercial back in times and by Spanish standards (very hot summers and very cold and dry winters) we had the perfect weather :)

Looking forward to watching the first teaser trailer as soon as you finish the movie and create one! :)

Have a good time over there!

• Premium Member

Haha, I would like to know what happened after the photo was taken!

How is Stephen (your cinematographer) finding the African sun if you don't mind me asking? and I mean in terms of moviemaking because I am quite sure that all of you are getting quite a tan!

Have a good day!

The African sun looks so good, we don't shoot without it, we hold no matter how long it takes. I must have my sun!!

R,

• 3 weeks later...

Bring it on Hollywood, all you have left is a bunch of guys in tights dancing around in front of a green screen.

This is what I have!

R,

post-4653-0-91996700-1432244557_thumb.jpg