Miroslav Ondricek has passed away

David Mullen ASC

I watched this film on repeat when i was around 3 years old. My memory was of a Salieri, riven mad by jealously, wheeled out of the asylum each evening, his front door opened onto the opera box, where he would watch Queen of The Night. Mozart seemed the ideal being at that age, brilliantly anarchic yet full of elegance and form. rewatching it many years later still brings back incredible memories. RIP Miroslav, you painted a masterpiece.

R.I.P

my favorite film of his is Taking Off, he also lensed a lot Lindsay Anderon's movies like If which is also amazing.

I really interested in seeing more of his work, that DVD label Second Run has put out a lot of the Czech/Hungarian/ Serbian/ and Polish films that were for a long time HARD to get ahold of it. I hope they release more of his work, he did work with some the great Czech filmmakers of the 60s/70s/ and 80s. I am interested to see Jaroslav Papousek's work.

• Upvote 1

R.I.P

my favorite film of his is Taking Off, he also lensed a lot Lindsay Anderon's movies like If which is also amazing.

I really interested in seeing more of his work, that DVD label Second Run has put out a lot of the Czech/Hungarian/ Serbian/ and Polish films that were for a long time HARD to get ahold of it. I hope they release more of his work, he did work with some the great Czech filmmakers of the 60s/70s/ and 80s. I am interested to see Jaroslav Papousek's work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nZkLEUyyI&spfreload=10