Vadim Joy

Will Blackmagic Design release Cinema DNG to CineForm RAW converter?

Hello everyone, what do you think is it possible for Blackmagic to release a piece of software to convert Cinema DNG files into CineForm RAW?

Cineform is a proprietary codec, owned by GoPro. They have licensed it to Adobe, which can natively import DNG and convert to Cineform.

Via Blackmagic: You can import DNG into DaVinci Resolve - you can download the Davinci Resolve Lite for free right now from the blackmagic website. You can then export it to various forms including cineform if you have their GoPro Studio pro edition I think, which is incidentally being discontinued by GoPro.

Cineform is a proprietary codec, owned by GoPro. They have licensed it to Adobe, which can natively import DNG and convert to Cineform.

Via Blackmagic: You can import DNG into DaVinci Resolve - you can download the Davinci Resolve Lite for free right now from the blackmagic website. You can then export it to various forms including cineform if you have their GoPro Studio pro edition I think, which is incidentally being discontinued by GoPro.

Robert I know of the turn arounds. But having it in camera would be much easier and faster.

Not to add another option, but why not just shoot Pro Res in "Film" mode? I don't ever use the raw mode because of these problems AND Avid/FCP can't accept the Raw files anyway.

Unfortunately cineform is not used so much, despite being a better codec than proRes.. and gopro is basically ditching it ..

But you can easily do a proxy with proRes and conform your DNGs to it, then export to whatever High Quality codec that you desire.

\

A great 5 minute video tut explains it: