How much should I pay for an Angenieux 25-250 WITHOUT getting ripped off?

Samuel Berger

• Premium Member

An Angenieux 25-250 is a 35mm zoom, your NPR is 16mm. You'll pay much less for 16mm zooms.

Canon 7-63, Zeiss 11-110, Angenieux 7-81 were all good relatively modern S16 zooms, you can get even cheaper ones if your camera is N16. For example an old newsreel workhorse Angenieux 12-120 can sometimes be had for under $100 if you wait for an auction on ebay. Lots of suggestions for good 16mm zooms in the archives of this site.

A good way to get a sense of how much a lens is really worth is to look at the sold listings on ebay. Lots of sellers have highly inflated prices on a buy-it-now basis. Obviously there is a lot of variation in terms of the condition with older lenses and whether a seller may have had the lens properly checked before selling.

Hi Dom,

I've seen some NPRs in the past that came with the 25-250, that's why I decided to start looking. My camera is actually regular 16, not Super. For the moment. I'm not sure where I'm going with it, I'm heavily tempted to convert to Ultra 16 but that's for a different thread.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a friend who says he has a 15-150 to sell me but I don't know anything about it. I own two 12-120's and I'm not sure if spending money on a 15-150 would bring any advantages.

By the way, I have an interesting adapter that allows me to use M42 lenses on the NPR's C mount. I haven't tried it yet but I can only imagine what it would do if I put my Vivitar 300mm on it!