Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
Hi!
It's my first video that I made back in 2017. I've found it on my PC, lil bit polished it and decided to upload.
 
When I was shoting the video I didn't have any idea for the video.
I just wanted to shot cool shots that I would like, practice my skills and just have a good time!
After a while, I got a library of shots. I chose those that would look good together)
At that time, I don't know any montage rules and the whole process was intuitive experiment with shots.
 
Also, if you found any meaning in this video, I would say there was no deep meaning in the video. It's more about feeling of a summer for me.

 

I used Canon 70D with Canon 50mm f1.8 (such a starter pack!)
My behance project for the video

Edited by Aleksey Aminzhanov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It is OK, got some pretty scenes. Watchable. Nice short piece that did not drag on.

You know nature boys was written about the nature boys of L.A. I think Gypsy Boots was one of em.  (top left in photo.) They were the original hippies from the 1940's. When I was in L.A. I'd see Gypsy Boots once in a while delivering health foods to the stores. 

Make more films and see what develops.

Good luck!

 

la-california-nature-boys-500x750.jpg

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Daniel D. Teoli Jr. said:

It is OK, got some pretty scenes. Watchable. Nice short piece that did not drag on.

You know nature boys was written about the nature boys of L.A. I think Gypsy Boots was one of em.  (top left in photo.) They were the original hippies from the 1940's. When I was in L.A. I'd see Gypsy Boots once in a while delivering health foods to the stores. 

Make more films and see what develops.

Good luck!

 

la-california-nature-boys-500x750.jpg

Thank you for the story, sir. Amazing story, really! I didn't know that the song is about the nature boys of L.A. Actually I even didn't know English back in 2017. 😅 So, I just loved the song and its vibe!
Thank you! I'm going to make more films!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the first 56 seconds a lot. The remaining scenes didn't seem to enhance the video and seemed out of place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bob Speziale said:

I liked the first 56 seconds a lot. The remaining scenes didn't seem to enhance the video and seemed out of place.

I thought so too. I've even done 2 version of this video: with and without last shots!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2019 at 11:22 AM, Aleksey Aminzhanov said:

Thank you for the story, sir. Amazing story, really! I didn't know that the song is about the nature boys of L.A. Actually I even didn't know English back in 2017. 😅 So, I just loved the song and its vibe!
Thank you! I'm going to make more films!

Impressive English! That is right, keep making em. Sometimes one project leads to another project. I call them 'offshoots.' In my own case, I have dozens of offshoot projects that came out of previous projects. Also expose yourself to all sort of venues. You never know what will give you an idea for a project.

 

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Wooden Camera



    Metropolis Post



    Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS



    Abel Cine



    Glidecam



    CineLab



    Rig Wheels Passport



    New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment



    Broadcast Solutions Inc



    Ritter Battery



    Tai Audio



    FJS International



    Visual Products



    Gamma Ray Digital Inc



    G-Force Grips



    Paralinx LLC



    Just Cinema Gear



    Serious Gear


×
×
  • Create New...