Hi all, 

I just wondering which leaser measurement device is good for first ac to use or for a DP go to location scout and working on some floor plan? 

Thanks !

There are many good one's that do the same things.

I own a Leica disto e7500, it works in direct sunlight and has a builtin camera used to target the laser when its no longer visible in hard light.

It also has many functions like adding and subtracting different measurements as well as a Pythagorus function which is great for calculating distance from the film plane to the subject when you only have the camera height and the distance to subject below the camera. 

I started with a leica D110 which is small and relatively cheap. Not great range and is hard to see in direct sunlight but it is very fast and good for interiors. Has bluetooth so you can combine it with your phone to build floor plans.

I've used a few and most work the same, some are slow to boot up and others you can't turn the beep off.

I now run the Hilti PD-E like many 1st AC's I know. Feature rich, optical viewfinder, great range in sunlight. The laser isn't that easy to see in bright sunlight without using the viewfinder but it does get readings.