is the dsr570 16/9 native or

Delorme Jean-Marie

• Premium Member
it's for projection considerations.(my friend Gertrude needs to project a film we shot in 16/9)

if you'r familiar with this cam thank you in advance for yours posts

as the sensor is 2/3 correct?

M8,

usually all the Sony cameras have the W after their type, wich goes for Wide,

Some 570's for other counties may go only 4:3.

Do u see the W after?

Dimitrios

• Premium Member
Hi,

WSP does not guarantee 16:9 native! The original DVW 700 WSP is native 4:3 but 16:9 switchable.

Stephen

Switchable yes,but are u saying that has a 4:3 ccd that is letterboxed?

If this is so, then I am takin back what I was just said,

And thanks. Fact is that when u see the WSP or W in the end u re sure that u can shoot 16:9.

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member

I get that AFAIK means As far as I know, but, may be it would nice not to use this kind of abreviations, thinking of non native english people, especially thanks...

(it's not you, stephen, it's just that I often noticed that and it's only the first time I think of saying it, BTW ;) (by the way)

thanks all for your elements of answer, unfortunatly it's a job i did early june and i don't wrote down the exact name of the cam all i remember is that it was a 570 from sony given to "emergence" a fillm festival in france where 6 directors have to film and edit and project 6 short films on the same subject in one week, prior to film some pieces of theire long featur in pre-production.

i doubt that it will help to find out what the format was....but thanks anyway for the help

• Premium Member
I get that AFAIK means As far as I know, but, may be it would nice not to use this kind of abreviations, thinking of non native english people, especially thanks...

(it's not you, stephen, it's just that I often noticed that and it's only the first time I think of saying it, BTW  ;) (by the way)

wilco m8 np. ;)

Dimitrios

• Premium Member
thanks all for your elements of answer, unfortunatly it's a job i did early june and i don't wrote down the exact name of the cam all i remember is that it was a 570 from sony given to "emergence" a fillm festival in france where 6 directors have to film and edit and project 6 short films on the same subject in one week, prior to film some pieces of theire long featur in pre-production.

i doubt that it will help to find out what the format was....but thanks anyway for the help

So now you have a tape that you want to project and want to know if it is 16/9 native or 4/3 electronically squeezed, right ?

Sounds like it should be 16/9 native, but I guess that if you have a videoprojector that allows 16/9, and if ever it would be actually 4/3, that projector should handle it anyway, what do you guys think ?

I would take a 16/9 projector and just search in the menu the image format that sutes well the tape... Maybe even letting it on auto would give the awaited result...