I need some help with my Aaton LTR!

Alasdair A Doyle

I recently purchased an Aaton LTR in the UK, which I brought with me to Belgium. Unfortunately, when I plug the charger in here, it doesn't appear to charge. The charger makes a slight sound, but the light doesn't light up. Does anyone know what the issue is? Do I need to get a spefic UK > EU adapter?

Secondly, I have a strange problem with the camera, which I believe is connected to the batteries. Occasionally, when I shoot with the camera, it'll continue to shoot, even when I have released the record button. The only way to stop it, is to remove the battery. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Thanks kindly in advance!

• Premium Member

The continuous running is probably not battery related. Low battery on LTR usually causes "clicking" motor sound and the motor running intermittently or not starting at all. Can cause buzzing etc weird motor sound as well

• Premium Member
On 3/18/2024 at 5:57 AM, Alasdair A Doyle said:

Secondly, I have a strange problem with the camera, which I believe is connected to the batteries. Occasionally, when I shoot with the camera, it'll continue to shoot, even when I have released the record button. The only way to stop it, is to remove the battery. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

I've seen everything from bad boards to bad connections/switches cause this issue. 

It'll need to see a tech.