UK Reversal processing

Hello,

Does anyone know of any labs in the UK that process 16mm reversal film?

Thank you,

Oscar.

Hi Oscar.

If you will have not good result of find the processing lab of reversal film, you can process reversal film at home on spiral tanks.

If you need, i can give you a some recommendations.

I have long time experience on processing film on spiral tanks.

You can visit of my site about home film processing.

Hi, 16mm reversal E6 processing, contact Film and Photo Ltd, 13 Colville Rd, South Acton Ind Est, London, W3 8BL. Tel 020-8992-0037, my information was correct as of 15 months ago. Cost me around £130.00 for 400ft of 16mm 100D processing from the above outfit.

Andy

Hello,

Does anyone know of any labs in the UK that process 16mm reversal film?

Thank you,

Oscar.

Hi Oscar, try Film Lab North in Leeds on 0113 243 4842. Used to be part of Yorkshire TV, now under the ITV Productions banner I suspect. I'm not sure whether they do reversal but they are extremely well equipped. Being out of London means their pricing is very competitive as well. Let us know who you end up going with!

Hi Oscar, try Film Lab North in Leeds on 0113 243 4842. Used to be part of Yorkshire TV, now under the ITV Productions banner I suspect. I'm not sure whether they do reversal but they are extremely well equipped. Being out of London means their pricing is very competitive as well. Let us know who you end up going with!

Unfortunately Film Lab North do not process reversal; they provide a high quality service in Eastman Colour Neg processing and printing in both 16mm and 35mm.

Film and Photo are the only lab offering a reversal (E6) process in the UK. They can process 16mm and 35mm.

Brian

For those who are interested here is what i have found.

Film and Photo are the only place i have found in the UK that do process reversal film.

They can process colour reversal.

They can only process BW reversal to come out as a negative.

Their minimum charge is £60.

For those who are interested here is what i have found.

Film and Photo are the only place i have found in the UK that do process reversal film.

They can process colour reversal.

They can only process BW reversal to come out as a negative.

Their minimum charge is £60.

Does anybody in the UK process black and white reversal film?

• Premium Member
Does anybody in the UK process black and white reversal film?

The laboratory directory on the Kodak website lists at least three labs in the UK that process B&W reversal films:

http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/US/en/motion/.../labLocator.cgi

Note that this directory is based on information supplied to Kodak by the labs:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/....17.4&lc=en

Blue and the Widescreen Centre are sending it to Andec in Berlin as far as I can see, at a premium, and nowhere is a members' co-op where you process your own film at a subsidised price after paying to train on the kit.

The laboratory directory on the Kodak website lists at least three labs in the UK that process B&W reversal films:

http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/US/en/motion/.../labLocator.cgi

Note that this directory is based on information supplied to Kodak by the labs:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/....17.4&lc=en

To be honest, the lab directory, in reference to UK labs is completly inaccurate.

To start, its out of date, it lists Pro8mm in London which closed its branch there two years ago and some other numbers on there do not exist anymore.

The labs it says that provide black and white reversal processing do not - in fact it says The Widescreen Centre provides processing for colour 65mm neg and 70mm print and 16mm colour reversal when in fact its only a little shop which sells telescopes and super 8 film/super8 telecine and arranges super 8 processing.

their website has no mention of these other services:

http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk

The other lab listed as providing b/w reversal processing is No.Where which at least does b/w neg and print processing and services, I believe they may also provide a rescue/archival service handprocessing old unprocessed reversal films, however only under special arrangement.

Somebody in Kodak UK could do with spending an hour on the phone calling up these places and finding out what these labs do provide, to correct the list. Hey I'd do it for them for a wee bit of cash or free film ;)

If there are no UK labs that provide black and white reversal processing its an auful shame, i've used the Plus-X reversal in Super8 and I'd love to use it 16mm, its a beautiful wonderful stock.

Edited by Andy_Alderslade

As I noted, the information is normally submitted to Kodak by the labs. I've asked our UK folks to update the listings. Thanks.

I think whoever submitted that The Widescreen Centre did 65 and 70mm must have been down the pub to long...

Thanks for sorting it Jon

Cheers,

Andy

• Premium Member
Visually, how does reversal BW film look when processed to a neg rather than a positive?

Like a neg...

If you adjust for the effective speed, it will look quite normal as a neg.

(unless it is something like the FOMA reversal which has a silver anti-halo layer in which case it llooks quite dark!)

• 2 weeks later...