Black wrap

I need some black wrap for these redheads that keep spilling light in places i dont want.

Is it possible to just by some aluminum foil and paint it black. is there a certain type of paint i should use that can stand the high temperatures of the lights, or would i just be better off ordering some black wrap from rosco?

• Premium Member

I have used aluminum foil when black wrap was not available (and whenever I roast a chicken) and the two biggest differences are #1 Black wrap will hold just about any shape you make it into and #2 Black wrap can be folded up neatly at the end of the day and literally used over and over and over again. It is very much worth the cost of $30 for a 50' roll.

f

I have some redheads and they get SUPER HOT! I wouldnt reckomend using them near to anything with any household paint on it becasue it will melt or set on fire! also in terms of saving time, wouldnt painting an entire roll of foil be way more time consuming than buying a roll of blackwrap?? depends how far away the black wrap shop is I guess.

I have some redheads and they get SUPER HOT! I wouldnt reckomend using them near to anything with any household paint on it becasue it will melt or set on fire! also in terms of saving time, wouldnt painting an entire roll of foil be way more time consuming than buying a roll of blackwrap?? depends how far away the black wrap shop is I guess.

yeah i would have to order some. which i already did but i wont expect it for a couple more days, oh well untill then i'll just deal with it and find other solutions, flags always work

yeah i would have to order some. which i already did but i wont expect it for a couple more days, oh well untill then i'll just deal with it and find other solutions, flags always work

I've used aluminium cooking foil when I didn't have black wrap. It works fine, just keep an eye out for any possible stray reflections, although I didn't see any when I used it.

I've used untreated aluminium cooking foil when I didn't have black wrap. It works fine, just keep an eye out for any possible stray reflections, although I didn't see any when I used it.