Bolex EBM Wide Angle.

Scott Phillips

Hey guys, I have a Bolex EBM and I'm looking for a wide angle lens for it. I have the C-Mount adapter, but I can't find any wide angle lenses that fit it. All the lenses I have seen are for H16 Bolex and these are too small to mount on the EBM. Any help here would be appreciated.

Scott

• Premium Member
Yeah, I tried the Kern 10mm H16RX, and unless I'm doing something wrong, it was too small for the adapter ring.

Something is not right. You might have the wrong adapter, or the one you have is messed up, or you might have the wrong lens or the lens could be screwed up. Without actually seeing either of them, it is impossible to tell. If you post a picture of the adapter and a picture of the lens, we may be able to help you more.

-Tim

Yeah, I tried the Kern 10mm H16RX, and unless I'm doing something wrong, it was too small for the adapter ring.

The bayonet adapter specifically says 'Bolex "C" Adapter' ? and the lens is a 10mm RX ?

weird...

Maybe the lens is a smaller D-mount 8mm range lens ? Although I'm not sure they came in the 10mm focal length - Or maybe the adapter ring has been modified for some other lens system ?

Sorry not such more info from me, but I'm interested in odd bolex parts :huh:

Check the threads on the adapter to make sure they aren't damaged. I ruined one of these by using heavy Canon FD lenses outfitted for a c-mount. You may need a new one.

The 10mm Kern is a good lens. Another good wide angle for the EBM is a c-mount version of the Kinoptik 5.7mm, a little hard to find but well worth the search.

good luck.