Can I see some sample footy?

Dory Breaux DP

• 1 month later...

Do you have the time to download either mini-DV quality (3.6mb/sec) or DVD quality? I have a bunch of DVX-100 I shot for a short. Shots are in the airport, just outside the airport and some shots in a cab.

(testament to how much production rocks in alaska, I got carte blanche use of the airport for this short for a grand total of: $0! I didn't even need insurance. One phone call, maybe a total of 20 minutes and I was approved to shoot)

If you go to "please critique my work" Titled "still shots from internet shoot" on this forum you can see some still shots that I shot with the 100a, The model down from the B, But the image is the same quality.

The still shots dont look very acurate at least not on my computer.

The dvx are good cameras, but if I where you Id save up for the panasonic hvx.I think in another year people in the indie world wont care for the dvx cameras.

• Premium Member

"Iraq in Fragments" was shot on a DVX100 and a DVX100A over 2 years around Iraq (obviously) by director/shooter/writer/editor James Longley.

Iraq in Fragments (Trailer on Apple.com)

It was up against "Inconvenient Truth" for this year's Best Dosumentary Oscar.

All stock lenses with little filtration. I've read that he mostly used shutter speeds and ND to keep the DOF shallower. Enjoy!.......

• Premium Member

Sort of like asking to look at a hammer because you want to see what built a beautiful house. The camera works great. As good as any of the other cameras in it's price range. A great buy. But it's talent that makes the camera look good, not the camera.