Looks like things are shaping up

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update. Now the new producer has convinced the director to make a trailer for the movie, all while the old director still has me working on my Super8 project.

Oy vey, I feel myself getting stretched more than silly putty.

I wish! I haven't seen dime 1 yet after 8 months of this...

Does anyone know of a way to nicely tell a young, aspiring writer/director "You don't know what you're doing"?

Bit too vague, let him know specifically what it is you're having a problem with and shoot him a bullet, not buckshot. Pick the maybe top 3 things you're having a problem with and let him know why this is making him, you and the production look bad and again be very specific and DON'T make it personal otherwise he'll get defensive and you'll accomplish nothing except pissing him off. Go with the old "I've been doing this a while and here's why you're having problems" thing. Young, unsure directors often act like dictators to compensate for the fact that they don't know anything, so it's probably best not to bring it up in front of the cast and crew but better when you're away from the set if possible, 'course these are just rough, personal guidelines I try and follow but what ever works is valid. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

ok, plan of action. Producers demand that director prove himself, so they're making him put together a trailer. It'll be done on 35mm, V2 500T. Shooting will be from July 26-Aug 3rd. Anyone in the Tampa area want to help out? 8)

While that is being edited, then I'll be shooting One Night.

• 1 month later...

Ok, the update:

The Super8 piece was shelved, and IIB has evolved. Shakeups at producer-level have convinced the director on shooting it low-budget, and we're making an investment trailer this weekend on Super8. What a roller coaster this is, and they'd better give me some credit!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Christopher Wedding

Hey Nate,

The link says the video is no longer available!

Edited by Christopher Wedding