WANTED: Bolex water housing

Jeremy Rumas

Anyone looking to sell a water housing for a Bolex H16 Rex5? I would be willing to modify one slightly to fit my Rex5 if it was designed for an earlier model H16. I'm looking for a light, sturdy housing to shoot in the surf with. Not a heavy one for diving.

Or if anyone has built one themselves and has some tips I would really appreciate some advice. Mainly in regard to what to use for controls for the hand crank, trigger button, and aperture adjustment.

thanks,

Jeremy Rumas

The user who had that one for sale is no longer registered - doubtful you'll get a reply...

I have the Hugy Fot housing for the EL - a heavy beast indeed and I've only seen one other in my net searches, neither for sale unfortunately... The older style ones with the crank handle parts for the wind ups turn up about 4 times year on eBay... Even heavier! but much lighter once in the water, problem in shooting surf you have to constantly go from under to out of water, it helps to have a working control on aperture for this ...

I bought it off a user here, who may well know where to locate you one for yours - he's at http://www.philsavoie.com/ he may help with suggesting a method to build one, there are many examples of people just cementing perspex together with O-rings around crank-shafts and follow focus style controls for the camera itself ... must be nail biting getting it under water with your cam, even after testing testing testing

Its a pleasurable experience once its all going though ...

I just bought a Eumig Nautica super8 myself - underwater lighting next!

Nick

Thanks for the info Nick. A heavy housing is not an option. I either need to find a light one or build one. There was a really cool looking one on Ebay a couple weeks ago, custom built, plexiglass, with controls for everything. But the seller did not accept Paypal so I opted not to take a chance.

I will check out that sight you mention.

Jeremy