How long does it take to get your film back from Wal-Mart?

Johnny Hubbard

I always get my film back within 1 hour at Wal-Mart. In fact, it is what they advertise and usually they keep to it.

One time, though, it took two and a half hours. It was okay, because I had a lot of extra shopping to do that day anyway, and it is convenient because the rest of the Wal-Mart merchandise is in the same building, so I didn't get that upset.

It actually might have been closer to three hours, but I wasn't counting. I wish I had, though, so I could give a more accurate account of the experience right here. But it was somewhere between two and a half and three hours wait time that day. But most times, it is within 1 hour.

Hope this helps.

Antonio, they don't process it, they send it out somewhere.

Johnny, do you still have the stub? Call the number and complain. I doubt anyone at the actual store will know anything at all, but there's gotta be a main number to call and get some kind of answer.

I sent some in last month and they said it would be 2 weeks.

I thought they just announced that they wouldn't accept super-8 Kodachrome film any more? Now that the film has been discontinued there is no volume to speak of, not enough to warrant renewing the contract with Dwayne's, or maybe through Fuji to Dwayne's.

Although their little flip-charts on the film deposit boxes still show it.

What kind did you send? They have never claimed to accept super-8 Ektachrome film.

I suspect you will eventually get it back unprocessed.

I sent some in last month and they said it would be 2 weeks.

Johnny,

Two weeks is a good turn-around time. It's nothing to be complaining about. It only took nine days for me to get back a Kodachrome 40 Cartridge which was sent last September to the Swiss Lab! There are two developing services available at Wal-Mart: their "in house" service (which is only for photographic film), and the "out of house" service which goes to Kodak's 'Qualex Photofinishing' subsidiary. Qualex develops everything including 16mm and 35mm. You can definitely trust Qualex to provide top quality, but you have to be prepared to wait to get it back. I even use the slower Qualex service for my photographic films since you never know how competent the lab people are at a local Wal-mart store. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I thought they just announced that they wouldn't accept super-8 Kodachrome film any more?...

Update: I can't vouch for the accuracy of the info, but after going slumming on the Filmshooting.com forum, I noticed it is claimed there that Walmart will now accept both Kodachrome 40 and Ektachrome 64 (and 16mm?) for processing by Dwaynes.

This, if true at all, might not be true for all Walmart regions of the USA. Whatever the case, the employees will of course know nothing about the matter so don't bother even asking them. ;-(