View New Posts function

• Premium Member
It's working for me.

What browser / OS are you using, Stephen?

Anybody else having a problem with that feature?

Hi Tim,

Mozilla Firefox on XP home edition. Everything was working fine until I was able to moderate the HD forums!

When I log in it shows, but no new posts are found. If I stay logged in, then it works.

Stephen

• Premium Member
<br />the "View New Posts" button only shows new posts since your last visit. So, If I log out and log abck in, there will be no new posts. Perhaps that was what happened?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Nope, that's not it. Doesn't work here either. Something in the system changed and it has affected my computer so I only get an error page like the origional poster.

• Premium Member
the "View New Posts" button only shows new posts since your last visit. So, If I log out and log abck in, there will be no new posts. Perhaps that was what happened?

Hi Dan,

It worked everyday for the past 2 years with various browsers, but I am still having issues. It's as if the mark all forums as read is automatically registering.

Stephen

I guess this is just a "me too" email, but worth sending because I've had this same issue, occasionally, recently. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2, IE6.0

It usually comes good if I quite the browser and start again. Haven't investigated any further, life is too short.

Whilst we are on the subject, is it possible to have View New Posts set in conjunction with specific forums? I'm interested in several forums but not all of them. It's tedious to look at each one individually, and view new posts shows them all together with (so far as I can see) no chance of a selective listing.

ditto, me too -

seems like when I've been away for a while it wil return 'error - no matches for your search' or some such ... As soon as I make a post somewhere it will start to give results in a new posts search from that point on ...

• Premium Member

I was having issues earlier today at work (Firefox/OSX) and once or twice at home (Firefox/XPPRO) with the View New Posts function. It would display an error. I'd close Firefox and reopen the site and it'd work fine.

I'd close Firefox and reopen the site and it'd work fine.

No such luck here... I clear cache, cookies everything etc... open close reload

Still get the error about %90 of the time

...Not visiting so often and clicking on all these adverts as a result