Buyer beware! JMFILMEQUIPMENT.COM and ebay ALLFILMMARKET

Justin Lovell

The user and seller goes by many names primarily RELLY/ROMEO MAHANGI, Piet Dolf.

Website is www.jmfilmequipment.com

On EBAY he has many names- main selling company is ALLFILMMARKET

He claims to be based in Rotterdam.

I was sold an eclair NPR package with filters, rods, matte box, (pretty much everything!) and a 15-150 ang. lens. I gave him nearly $1700 USD.

3 Months have passed and he has not sent the camera or returned my money to me.

My attempts to resolve the issue have been ignored. I warned the seller -multiple times- that if this was not resolved, I would go public about the way he is -not- handling the situation. He thought I was bluffing. He since then threatened my life and my company. He never sent the equipment and has since resold some of the equipment privately and through ebay.

If you are considering purchasing something from this buyer, feel free to contact me (PM) or via website (has my email listed) and I will have no problem giving you a run down on what he has done.

More information can be found on a thread on here:

http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/...pic.php?t=17173

I don't want someone else to go through what I've had to go through.

Justin, I'm so surpised by this whole thing. On marktplaats.nl (Dutch Ebay) he was selling a bolex H16 electric as 'Piet Dolf'. The name was suspicious to me, Piet is a very 'standard' name, if you're not a Dutchman and you don't know Dutch names, you choose 'Piet' or 'Jan' or something. And 'Dolf' is a bad guy in a Dutch cartoon show...

On his website, he uses very 'not quite right' Dutch, and his website looked not very professional for a filmcompany.

I wanted to have that bolex h16, but at that time, I had not enough money to buy it, so I asked him (in an email) if he could reserve the camera for me, until I had enough money to buy it. He called me back and said: "That's okey, if you pay me now (doesn't matter how much) the camera is yours and you can come to my company in Rotterdam. You can try the camera as much as you want. I have raw stock here so..." His accent was very 'Indian', very strange: his name was Piet, a very typical Dutch name.

I'm glad I didn't pay at that time, my parents advised me not to do that.

Justin, I feel sorry for you. This man need to be in prison!

• Premium Member

I posted about this seller in the general topics and it was moved to off topic. My concern was I noticed that ALL of their auctions use the same shipping amount of 60.00 dollars NO MATTER WHAT THE ITEM IS! Also, they strategically priced their super-8 gear at about half price of what sellers normally want for certain popular super-8 cameras.

Too bad you missed the thread that was going earlier, it was good for a laugh. He threated multiple members lives, swore profoundly at me and other members and now he emailed me and asked me to 'clear his name' and 'then he'll call me'.

uh-huh.

He told me he could not access his paypal account and that he would do a bank to bank transfer so he could send me the money. What the heck, I'll give him a chance. I sent him my information and he posted it in the last thread saying "... this information would be useful for some people in africa".

I don't know who I am dealing with...

• Premium Member
Too bad you missed the thread that was going earlier, it was good for a laugh. He threated multiple members lives, swore profoundly at me and other members and now he emailed me and asked me to 'clear his name' and 'then he'll call me'.

uh-huh.

He told me he could not access his paypal account and that he would do a bank to bank transfer so he could send me the money. What the heck, I'll give him a chance. I sent him my information and he posted it in the last thread saying "... this information would be useful for some people in africa".

I don't know who I am dealing with...

If by chance he somehow has money frozen in his paypal account is there a way to contact paypal and see if they can refund you the money? I'm assuming you paid him through paypal?

• 4 weeks later...

Damn Justin, that sucks and i'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.

However, i'll be sending you a handfull of super 8 reels to be transfered through Frame Discreet by the end of the week... so at least you can start making that $1700 back.

• 5 months later...
Guest Gabriele Guglielmi
To those who were following this thread, this situation was resolved. Relly has politely returned the money back to me.

Hello Justin, unfortunately allfilmarket is back to selling items on ebay. Its new name is Bokitofan! I opened a dispute with him, and the 90 days are about to end. You are in possession of any further information about this person, I can be useful? Thanks