9mm Cooke Kinetal cover s16

Alain LeTourneau

Looking for facts....

Does the 9mm f1.5 Cooke Kinetal cover super 16?

Or does any version of this lens cover s16? I was told that some do and some don't, and that all of the

late-model, multi-coated versions do?

Any experts out there? Or does anyone know the 9mm Kinetal history by serial number range?

-Alain

• Premium Member
Looking for facts....

Does the 9mm f1.5 Cooke Kinetal cover super 16?

Or does any version of this lens cover s16? I was told that some do and some don't, and that all of the

late-model, multi-coated versions do?

Any experts out there? Or does anyone know the 9mm Kinetal history by serial number range?

-Alain

Alain,

I've always heard that they do not cover Super 16. What one do you have, the fixed focus one where you cannot focus the lens, just set the aperture; or the one you can focus as well?

-Tim

PS: Is this for your Aaton? If so, and if you have one that can be focused, where did you get the mount adapter?

• Premium Member
Sorry, I screwed up...

I meant KINOPTIK, not Cooke Kinetal.

-Alain

ALAIN!!!,

How did you make a mistake like that. Cooke Kinetal, Kinoptik, come on buddy.

I don't know squat about the Kinoptik lenses, but I am a huge fan of the Kinetals and except for the 9mm, they all cover Super 16. I thought you might have had a Kinetal 9mm, the one that focuses. I have been looking for one of those for months now. I was going to offer to trade you my Zeiss 9.5mm Super Speed Mk1 which definitely covers Super 16 on an Aaton (at least it did on mine) for the Cooke.

-Tim

• Premium Member
Sorry, I screwed up...

-Alain

Alain,

Ian Marks is the one selling that lens on eBay. He also has it listed in the Classified section of this forum. He could certainly tell you more about it.

Good luck,

-Tim

-Alain

I long been under the impression that 16mm Kinoptik were also meant to cover 1" vidicon.

Here's a current listing. Except for the 1.9mm the lens cover at least a 16mm diagonal, it seems they were designed to also cover 1" vidicon.

ALAIN!!!,

How did you make a mistake like that. Cooke Kinetal, Kinoptik, come on buddy.

I know, I know... I've been working a lot lately and Kinetal stuck in my head rather than Kinoptik.

Silly mistake.

-Alain

That Kinoptik comes on the A cam, and it those cover S16

I want one to they are great I just try one last week, didn't have the money aaaaa :(

Yes, the late model Kinoptik 9mm lenses do cover s16, even the C mount version. But I'm not

certain of the vintage of the one Ian Marks is selling and neither does he... so I took my question here.

-Alain

I long been under the impression that 16mm Kinoptik were also meant to cover 1" vidicon.

Here's a current listing. Except for the 1.9mm the lens cover at least a 16mm diagonal, it seems they were designed to also cover 1" vidicon.

Yes, I am also under the impression that the new Kinoptiks will cover s16, however I am looking

at the one Ian Marks is selling and wondering if it cover s16. I'm not familiar enough with the Kinoptiks

to look at the serial number and have a sense of when it was produced.

Ian has not used the lens and cannot confirm it covers super 16 having never seen it on a camera

or a lens projector.

Anyone have a contact for Kinoptik or Kinopik vendors in the US and other than A Cam? I guess maybe

Du-All since they sell the A Cam, no?

-Alain

[

Anyone have a contact for Kinoptik or Kinopik vendors in the US and other than A Cam? I guess maybe

Du-All since they sell the A Cam, no?

hi alain-

i was in contact with the kinoptik folk in france a few months ago

looking for a sunshade for a 5.7 (which they quoted at 527euro?!?!? 120euro shipping!?!?!)

parlez vous? I can forward you the email.