Do you have your Super 8 camera overhauled/serviced?

foreignfilm

Hi,

Just wondering if it's neccessary after you bought a Super 8 camera. Also, do you have your camera serviced after using it for a period of time? If you do, how often should it be? And who would you recommend for the job?

Thank you.

Hi,

Just wondering if it's neccessary after you bought a Super 8 camera. Also, do you have your camera serviced after using it for a period of time? If you do, how often should it be? And who would you recommend for the job?

Thank you.

Dual camera does a great job as does Spectra film and video. Check around there are a few more I have forgotten.

chris

Hello,

There are several good Super-8 repair places, but, you should check out Super 16 Inc. Bernie O'Doherty has 35 years experience with all kinds of motion picture cameras and was even nominated for a technical Oscar. Bernie, is perhaps, the best Super-8 repair guy in the world.

Check out his website at www.super16inc.com

Mike

If you don't trust yourself to take apart the Camera, you should be able to find a local Photographer who can do this type of work. You really only need to clean and re-lubricate the Gears.

What do you use to clean and lubricate the gears and where do you get it?

I just picked up a Vivitar 98PM for cheap at a thrift store. I like the features (18,24,32 fps; single frame; 7.5-60mm lens with macro focusing; auto/manual exposure; large, bright viewfinder) and it takes the same size filters as my Elmo Super 106. But unlike the Elmo, the Vivitar is loud.

• Premium Member
Hello,

There are several good Super-8 repair places, but, you should check out Super 16 Inc. Bernie O'Doherty has 35 years experience with all kinds of motion picture cameras and was even nominated for a technical Oscar. Bernie, is perhaps, the best Super-8 repair guy in the world.

Check out his website at www.super16inc.com

Mike

I'll second this. Have Bernie do the work. You'll get it done right the first time.

-Fran