5600K Lighting Gel.

• Premium Member
Can anyone tell me which gel would be used to convert 3200K Tungsten Light to 5600K?

Thanks. ;)

Full CTB (Color Temperature Blue). Beware, though, it cuts a lot of light: 1 and 2/3 stops.

Full CTB (Color Temperature Blue). Beware, though, it cuts a lot of light: 1 and 2/3 stops.

As Chris say Full CTB is what you need. Be carfull because when you use a lot this filters they loose the original color. When you use film is better use new filters

Is it possible to gel a chinese lantern. I'm going to buy one and was wondering.

Yes.

It's a bit tricky since the gels aren't made to fit flush against the walls of a spherical object, so you'll have to deal with some portions of ungelled/color manipulated light leaking about. But I used a 1/2 CTB on my recent shoot just to cool down the color temp a smidge, and it worked fine.

To gell a china lantern, I have rolled CTB into a cylinder and taped it with roscor (I believe) heat sheild tape (which is clear and heat resistent) and fit that cylinder over the cage that holds the light. It usually works well. Only the top and bottom will leak unfiltered light, which can be flagged with blackwrap without loosing much light.