I have a favor to ask the forum.

Chris Keth

• Premium Member

It's a strange request but the title says it all. I have an AC job for the month of October and my slate bit the dust hard. It's just old and sad and won't erase clean anymore.

I'm trying to avoid buying a new one right now because I'm poor and a decent one isn't that cheap. Can anyone in the hollywood area spare their slate for a month? I would happily pick it up so it's no inconvenience for you.

• Premium Member
Anyone? Looks like I'll ahve to suck it up and get a new one now. :(

Your making me cry now chris! I have one for you but i doubt it would get there in time! your welcome to it!

I know your shooting on a F-900 so does it need to be timecode slaved or just regular?

I believe they cost about 50 dollars in your neck of the woods.

Let me know if i can help!

Kieran.

• Premium Member
Your making me cry now chris! I have one for you but i doubt it would get there in time! your welcome to it!

I know your shooting on a F-900 so does it need to be timecode slaved or just regular?

I believe they cost about 50 dollars in your neck of the woods.

Let me know if i can help!

Kieran.

I'm just looking for a regular old slate. I'm going to call the sound recordist to see if he's providing a timecode slate and to hammer out a couple details. Either way I like to have the regular type for backup. We're recording sound to camera with a DAT backup so we'll most likely just be giving the DAT timecode from the camera anyway.

I wouldn't even bother the production - surely the rental house can supply one with the unit bag? I'd call ahead and ask if that's possible. And make certain to ask for a white-board slate; sometimes they will leave you with an old black-painted wood one otherwise...

• Premium Member
I wouldn't even bother the production - surely the rental house can supply one with the unit bag? I'd call ahead and ask if that's possible. And make certain to ask for a white-board slate; sometimes they will leave you with an old black-painted wood one otherwise...

I'll see about that. I asked production to just get one. I'm pretty new to this and to how much (or more likely little) I can expect production to handle. Thanks for all of the bits and pieces of advice, everyon!