Ancient Film Stock Wanted.

Matthew Buick

Hi.

I'm starting an ancient film stock collection to fill up space on my bookshelves. They'ree littered with cameras and filters. Why not film? Really unusual film, too ancient to use.

Any of you who have an can of really ancient or unusual colour film, reversal or negative, any format, pleae send me an email or PM. I would prefer some Eastmancolor or 5250 or 5247. But anything will be considered.

Kindest regards.

• 3 weeks later...
If any has a roll of Ektachrmoe 40 in Super 8mm from the latter half of the 1970s, or a Super 8mm roll of VISION 200T, that ewould be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mathew,

I'm happy to send you a roll of 5293 and 0217 (try finding that stock in a catalog! I assure you its real) and you can have the bragging rites of owning genuine LOTR recans. The only thing is I'm in Melbourne and I don't think the shipping would be worth it but I'm happy to do it if your happy to pay. The stock is unexposed, naturally, and has been in a fridge for a long time. Both are 300'+ (I have heaps but I figured since you aren't actually going to use it length isn't an issue).

If I were you Id go looking for print clippings from your local cinemas as thats much more informative than unexposed film. Just a thought, I might even be able to throw in some '18 or '05. I really need to clear out my fridge.