how do you call it?

Delorme Jean-Marie

hi

i worked recently on a commercial, the grips had a great piece of equipment, i'd like to know how it's called.

basicly it's 2 pipes you can slide up and down to adjust the highth to put the head and a certain distance.

to me it's better than a lambda head or an MK IV beacause you really can adjust it to the right highth.

do you get me?

I believe the piece of gear you are describing is a bazooka.

http://www.visualproducts.com/storeProduct...mp;Cat=9#bigPic

I am not sure, it could also have been a weaver-steadman, a predecessor to the lambda head.

basically it is a camera stand made from tubing connected with euro/boss style fittings. they are great, with the right operator. The bazooka has a adjustable riser that slides up and down to dial in the exact height. There are several manufacturers, my favorite is Modern. panther makes a nice ones too.

more detail and we could tell you more.

thanks for your reply, but it wasn't a bazooka nor an ubangui.

i wish i had a picture it's a pipe with an euro at one end . the pipe fit in a cercle so you can slide it in ti reach the good heigth. this "circle" is linked to another pipe so the 2 pipes make an X on horizontal and one vertical.

maybe it was home made but it looked cinegear and it was in tanger marocco so i believe it wasn't home made.

it was blue and black

It is as stable a tripod but fits into smaller spaces. Some DPs love them some hate them. It is a piece of Grip gear that allows for different scenarios that a tripod makes difficult. It has its down side. It can be slow to build. you sort of have to be able to add or subtract heights very quickly in your head. There is a single adjustable riser for it, to fine tune it. It uses the Boss/Euro mount system which can be easy to put together.

It is just another tool.