Lab for E-6 motion picture film / cross processing

Hello all,

Does anyone know where one can get E-6 processing for 35mm or 16mm motion picture film on the east coast? Also, does anyone know if putting ECN-2 films through an E-6 bath will ruin the soup? Putting C-41 films through E-6 has had no problems, but I am unsure of the MP negative films. Thanks.

Jarin

Last I heard, you could do E6 processing for motion picture film at Yale Labs and Spectra Labs in California. Bono Labs on the East Coast used to do it, but they've discontinued processing film according to their website, maybe you could arrange something with a big enough run.

• Premium Member
Last I heard, you could do E6 processing for motion picture film at Yale Labs and Spectra Labs in California.

The lab may be able to modify a process or that was using the older ektachrome movie process which did have a rem-jet to cross process Negative film. It would be easier to process reversal as negative. :)

What effect are you aiming for? reversal processed negative would still have the orange mask, and so you would either have to use Video sytle editing or be on your own to tranfer to intermediate neg.

• Site Sponsor

E6 is the only process we do not run at Cinelab, we send all of the 8mm and 16mm E6 we get in to Dwaines in Parsons, KS (www.k14movies.com) they do a superior job and are underpriced for the service (right now :lol: ) and they are the last K40 lab in the world too...

-Rob-

• Premium Member
E6 is the only process we do not run at Cinelab, we send all of the 8mm and 16mm E6 we get in to Dwaines in Parsons, KS (www.k14movies.com) they do a superior job and are underpriced for the service (right now :lol: ) and they are the last K40 lab in the world too...

-Rob-

Can Dwayne's run 5285?