Very wide angle lens for Leicina Special?

Gabriele Turchi

Hi!

I just got my 1st Leicina Special and it seems fantastic!!!...

I have the 6-66 and the Cinegon 10mm Lens,

I was wondering if exist any very wide angle lens that i can fit on the Leicia Special (i mean wider than the 6mm...)

Thanks to everyone

Best regards

G

Hi!

I was wondering if exist any very wide angle lens that i can fit on the Leicia Special (i mean wider than the 6mm...)

Thanks to everyone

Best regards

G

Do a forum search there is a thread where the lovable Santo describes his use of a century wide angle adapter on the 10mm cinegon.

IIRC the may be a wide angle adapter designed to go with the 16mm c-mount version of the Schneider Cinegon 10mm lens but perhaps I am confusing it with the Switar one.

Edited by jacob thomas

Hi!

Thanks to everyone

Best regards

G

that is a C mount lens port, right? Check around ebay and such for wide angle C mounts. you can also, purchase/rent a C-mount to PL adapter and use any number of modern wide angle lenses out there. How is the registration and overall image quality? Been curious about these cameras for a while.

Do a forum search there is a thread where the lovable Santo describes his use of a century wide angle adapter on the 10mm cinegon.

IIRC the may be a wide angle adapter designed to go with the 16mm c-mount version of the Schneider Cinegon 10mm lens but perhaps I am confusing it with the Switar one.

Thanks!

mmm....so the only way is to use a wide angle dapter?

No way to find a 4mm or 3mm lens?

Thanks!

G

Hi!

I guess there isn't any wider lens than the 6-66 for the Special

I tried the century 0.55 adapter on the Cinegon 10mm. I had rather soft results, maybe because I never hit the right focuspoint. Since it is a diopter you do the focus in the macro-range of the lens and that's pretty hard to focus without groundglass.

You could try the Schneider UWL III Adapter on the 6-66 which should give around 3.5mm, but again it's a diopter that uses the macro setting of the lens, hard to get in focus. A thing that could work is to shoot tests and make marks beside the focusring.

cheers, Bernhard

I guess there isn't any wider lens than the 6-66 for the Special

I tried the century 0.55 adapter on the Cinegon 10mm. I had rather soft results, maybe because I never hit the right focuspoint. Since it is a diopter you do the focus in the macro-range of the lens and that's pretty hard to focus without groundglass.

You could try the Schneider UWL III Adapter on the 6-66 which should give around 3.5mm, but again it's a diopter that uses the macro setting of the lens, hard to get in focus. A thing that could work is to shoot tests and make marks beside the focusring.

cheers, Bernhard

Thanks Bernard,

i'll try to find the UWL III Adapter...

For Chris:

Mmm actually i think that does not exist any modern C mount lens wide enough for the super 8 format...the super 8 format is quite smaller than 35mm(4 times)....so for example using a 10mm lens made for 35mm it's like using a 40mm lens...(after mounted in the s8 camera...)

Am I wrong?.....i mean,ithin that only a wide angle lens made for super 8 could be a wide angle lens in the super 8 format...right?

Apologies if i am wrong..

Cheers

G

• 1 year later...