NPR Super 16 Conversion Question

Scott Bryant

Okay so i've had my NPR for a while and now i'm kicking around the idea of stepping up to super 16. I have searched the forums but haven't really seen much feedback about the quality/satisfaction customers have from certain converters (for lack of a better term). The following names have been coming up quite a bit

Les Bosher

Axel Broda

P + S Technic

CinemaTechnic

CamerasPro

Bernie O'Doherty

I'd like to keep from breaking the bank, but do any of you have experience getting your NPR or other camera converted to super 16 from any of these people?

No need to bad mouth any of them but anything i should be wary of?

Thanks alot. Sorry this has kinda been covered alot.

• Premium Member
Okay so i've had my NPR for a while and now i'm kicking around the idea of stepping up to super 16. I have searched the forums but haven't really seen much feedback about the quality/satisfaction customers have from certain converters (for lack of a better term). The following names have been coming up quite a bit

Les Bosher

Axel Broda

P + S Technic

CinemaTechnic

CamerasPro

Bernie O'Doherty

I'd like to keep from breaking the bank, but do any of you have experience getting your NPR or other camera converted to super 16 from any of these people?

No need to bad mouth any of them but anything i should be wary of?

Thanks alot. Sorry this has kinda been covered alot.

I would recommend Bernie. Very knowledgeable and honest. He converted my Eclair ACL (cousin to the NPR) and did an excellent job.

• Site Sponsor
I would recommend Bernie. Very knowledgeable and honest. He converted my Eclair ACL (cousin to the NPR) and did an excellent job.

Les Bosher has had a Canon zoom lens of mine for just under three years and does not return email or phone calls. I originally sent him the lens for a mount conversion because of his excellent reputation. I don't know what the deal is with him, I suppose his work is very good if he does it.....

-Rob-

• Premium Member

As far as I know:

Axel Broda only does Arriflex cameras so he cannot convert your NPR.

P+S Technic only does Arriflex cameras so they cannot convert your NPR.

CinemaTechnic, Jorge only does Arriflex cameras last time I checked, so he cannot convert your NPR/

Best,

-Tim

• Site Sponsor
I know Robert Hates Les Bosher for what he did to him, and actually I support Robert, I think that was messed up, but the other side of that note, Les converted my cam, and it runs like a million dollars

Best

Hate is a strong word, I do not even know the man, and harbor no personal animosity for him. The lens was not super expensive as it was a Canon 15-150 F2.8 zoom made for 1" video cameras, a cheap Super-16 zoom not a 11-165 or 8-64 for which I would have booked a flight to get back. I understand it is a small job and sometimes when you have big jobs that pay your bills a few small jobs sometimes slide.

I know Les had a few problems a while back possibly some medical condition, he has a generally excellent reputation I spoke with him several times in the past. As far as I understand it his work is top notch. I just put a word of caution up because if you need something from him there may be a long delay in getting it.

-Rob-