Red shuts down at 8:15 am ...overheat "critical shutdown"

Vincent Pascoe

So this is my 3rd "date" with red... I really want to like the girl, I could see myself falling for her easily. Shes got great potential, she looks great and shes a cheap date! but shes a bit temperamental and flakes out on me every time we go out. Im just wondering is it just me or is she like this with everybody?

Had "critical shutdown" camera will shut down in 10 sec. happen today. Day ext. Phx at 8:15am. tried shooting the step printing option (another great potental).... and the camera froze on me...(Build 16)

camera stopped rolling cause of 12 codec errors...during this music video (build 15.2.5

http://www.vimeo.com/1325681

Gerrr, writes Hot and Bothered in Phx

Vincent Pascoe

Edited by Vincent Pascoe

So this is my 3rd "date" with red... I really want to like the girl, I could see myself falling for her easily. Shes got great potential, she looks great and shes a cheap date! but shes a bit temperamental and flakes out on me every time we go out. Im just wondering is it just me or is she like this with everybody?

Had "critical shutdown" camera will shut down in 10 sec. happen today. Day ext. Phx at 8:15am. tried shooting the step printing option (another great potental).... and the camera froze on me...(Build 16)

camera stopped rolling cause of 12 codec errors...during this music video (build 15.2.5

http://www.vimeo.com/1325681

Gerrr, writes Hot and Bothered in Phx

Vincent Pascoe

She is like that with everybody. The camera needs some kind of cooling solution in order to shoot in high temperatures.

Some people have had success with putting a CPU water cooled heatsink on top of the camera.

Either way, there needs to be a professionally made solution for the camera because gel packs and umbrellas aren't good enough.

I remember a long time ago when this was brought up (when the camera was still a scam) and everyone was told not to worry about it, it was under control.

I can't remember who said that, it was somebody from Red obviously, but either way... it looks like it is now going to have to be a third party solution who gets this resolved.

• Premium Member
I remember a long time ago when this was brought up (when the camera was still a scam) and everyone was told not to worry about it, it was under control.

Hi Jim,

And we were the site that gave no useful input into RedOne, however some of Phil's original suggestions will be incorporated in Epic. Seems like some of us had 20 20 vision.

Stephen

Hi Jim,

And we were the site that gave no useful input into RedOne, however some of Phil's original suggestions will be incorporated in Epic. Seems like some of us had 20 20 vision.

Stephen

Just because Phil made some good suggestions, doesn't mean that fifty other people hadn't made them before him, only without calling them liars and frauds...

R.

Hi Jim,

Stephen

I hear and agree with you, but not much can be done with it now. Hopefully someone like Element Technica will come up with a professional solution to the problem.

I don't have an extra $20,000 to spend to fix the Red One's shortcoming by upgrading to the Epic.

• Premium Member
Just because Phil made some good suggestions, doesn't mean that fifty other people hadn't made them before him, only without calling them liars and frauds...

R.

How many times has that particular "No True Scot" argument been posted here now?

Basically somebody makes the sweeping statement: "You/somebody have/has never made a single positive or helpful suggestion about how the RED One could be improved, (and by implication must be a RED-hater intent on only doing them ill)."

A response to the effect of: "Rubbish! I/they have made numerous suggestions, all perfectly sound and based on wide industry experience." is invariably greeted by:

"Oh yes, but somebody else made the same suggestion before you, so therefore that doesn't count."

Who cares whether the idea is original or not (and I notice that in virtually no cases is the detractor able to direct us the alleged "prior art"), the allegation is that the person has nothing constructive to say about the RED, not whether they are they are the only one to have thought of a a particular idea.

And apart from that, if someone feels they have good reason to believe someone IS a liar or a fraud, aside from the fact that you may have been led (or desperately want) to believe otherwise, what right do you feel you have to censor them? This is not REDuser.

Edited by Keith Walters

How many times has that particular "No True Scot" argument been posted here now?

Basically somebody makes the sweeping statement: "You/somebody have/has never made a single positive or helpful suggestion about how the RED One could be improved, (and by implication must be a RED-hater intent on only doing them ill)."

A response to the effect of: "Rubbish! I/they have made numerous suggestions, all perfectly sound and based on wide industry experience." is invariably greeted by:

"Oh yes, but somebody else made the same suggestion before you, so therefore that doesn't count."

Who cares whether the idea is original or not (and I notice that in virtually no cases is the detractor able to direct us the alleged "prior art"), the allegation is that the person has nothing constructive to say about the RED, not whether they are they are the only one to have thought of a a particular idea.

And apart from that, if someone feels they have good reason to believe someone IS a liar or a fraud, aside from the fact that you may have been led (or desperately want) to believe otherwise, what right do you feel you have to censor them? This is not REDuser.

I never said there were no good suggestions made here. Interesting that you seem to be attempting to include me in your own sweeping staements. I'm simply saying it's a bit of a reach to claim any kind of credit for the fact that some of those suggestions may have been implimented, when there is no way for ANY of us to know what other information and ideas other people are giving the manufacturers.

I have no idea why you imagine I'm trying to censor anyone. But leap to whatever conclusions you like.

Don't use a beta build on a job unless you're willing to take the consequences.