Dolly is almost done

Ira Ratner

Should be finished in about an hour on my PVC tripod dolly to ride on PVC track. This thing should have been done weeks ago, but hurricane threats and family responsibilities put the kabash on that.

I bought the plans off of a website, but I think I made this thing a lot easier to build and for a lot cheaper than as they directed. Mind you, it's just for pushing a K-3 and similar weighted equipment

I'm just a little pissed because I don't have any any long lengths of 1" PVC (track) to really play with it yet.

Pictures to come latter this/my afternoon.

And if anyone is interested in building one of these, for under 25 bucks, pay attention!

Edited by Ira Ratner

How to make a track dolly for under 25 bucks, if you don't screw up like i did and you actually learn from my expensive mistakes.

Step one is to buy four 3" L-brackets from Home Depot. They only sell one type so you can't make the wrong purchase, and they come 4 to a package, a clear bag. I believe they're Stanley, but like I said, it's the only 3" they sell. The 4" type come TWO to a package, but if you get those instead, I don't know if their pre-drilled holes will PERFECTLY work for the inline skate wheels you're going to use. (More on this later.)

Here are the brackets, and ignore the nuts in there for now:

post-34460-1221607522.jpg

You might have too many pictures uploaded. The site will only allow you to upload so much space. So, you might want to either delete some of your old photos, or make your pictures smaller. Goodluck, and I can't wait to see how your dolly looks. :)

The moderator for this forum and the Lighting forum is probably out on a job.

How are you going to attach the "L" bracket to the deck of the dolly? Wouldn't a short section of 2x2 angle iron (or old bed frame) worked just as well and been more ridgid?

I only have two images uploaded--one at 67, and one at 98.

Let me try this again now that I'm sober, and look at the files again. On another site, I had a problem because they were CMYK JPEG's, but these seem to be correct in every way, including size.

• 2 weeks later...