stop motion music video

Hi

I recently shot a music video for a very talented director named Jeremy Lutter.

The artist is Justin Hewitt.

We shot the video with a canon DSLR the 1D mark 2

My background is mainly through Cinematography, I do take photographs for fun

more of a hobby I guess?

But I still approached this music video like I would with any film.

I only had a couple hours to familiarize my self with the camera,what limited photography experience I have,has mainly been with a canon rebel 35mm film camera.

But it didnt take me too long to figure out the menus ect.

And I had a set of great canon lenses to choose from:)

The video involves two models getting body paint drawn on them 1 frame at a time.

it was very time consuming but a great experience:)

I hope you guys check out this video, its on youtube,so it doesnt do the images justice.

But Im really happy with this video, I hope you guys like it:)

• Premium Member

Hi Daniel,

I quite liked. The lighting is really nice, the acting was good too and the script was nicely done. The only major thing I disliked was the jerky movement of the camera at times. And there is a shot near the end where it looks like you superimposed the floral design over the faces in post which wasn't as nice as the other images with design on the skin.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Daniel,

I quite liked. The lighting is really nice, the acting was good too and the script was nicely done. The only major thing I disliked was the jerky movement of the camera at times. And there is a shot near the end where it looks like you superimposed the floral design over the faces in post which wasn't as nice as the other images with design on the skin.

Cheers, Dave

Thanks

I agree at times the camera was a little jerky, we did it on purpose, but I agree it was to much at times

Also the floral designs on the wall, was a post decision

I like it,but it would of been better if we did it in camera

• 2 weeks later...

i liked the light and composition .

but i think the all concept of stop motion is bad for this song. because the song is soft and mellow, and the stop motion create such a jerky movement that is taking out all the emotion of the song and the acting.

i love the handwriting on the body, but i think it will be better if you'd go with soft slow camera moment or even with fixed camera.

Thanks

I agree at times the camera was a little jerky, we did it on purpose, but I agree it was to much at times

Also the floral designs on the wall, was a post decision

I like it,but it would of been better if we did it in camera

I disagree I feel like this song was about capturing a moment with a person which stop motion captures in an interesting way.