When will the next Generation of Digital Camcorders be Released?

CJ Henke III

Each year it seems that the latest Sony, Panasonic, Canon, etc. "Professional -to- Prosumer" camcorders are released out of thin air. Last year I was fortunate to be a DuArt in New York and hear about the PMW-EX1 and HVR-Z7U before they were released, but no far away from New York I do not have a clue as to when the next generation of camcorders will be released.

Do you? or better yet, where is a good place to find information on them before they come out.

I hate buying a new camera and then realizing that the latest model will be out in a few months, help me to avoid that.

Thanks,

CJ

• Premium Member
I already own two of these, and they do exactly what they say they will!

Er ... what exactly is it?

It looks suspiciously like a Sony version of the Tivo.

In the Onion story, they could have replaced pictures of the item with images of the "Network Walkman", Sony's hysterically inept and spectacularly unsuccessful "answer" to the iPod of a few years back, and the commentary still would have fitted perfectly :lol:

• Premium Member
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds.

(bonus points to anyone who gets the reference.)

It's from Donnie Darko. What do I win?

Anyway, there's something cool released every year. Only time will tell what becomes that new standard like the F900 or the varicam.

• Premium Member
I <3 MAC

--sent from my MacBook Wheel

What blows me away about the staff of the Onion (which I've been reading since the late 1990's and they always amaze me), is the amount of time and money they must have put into that spoof. They recreated the Apple show booth with spoof signs, wrote software and ran it on the MacBook Wheel, made a number of prototype MacBook Wheel computers. That whole thing took alot of time and effort. They really play out their jokes.

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

Tim,

I'm betting the "software" was just some effects and renderings, not actual code. They could have even played it on the spoof macbooks while people mirrored the motions. But the production value always blows me away. I in fact fooled a few people with that being a Real product for a time.