What's the word on Dwaynes?

Will von Tagen

I just finished filming my next 8mm short on Ektachrome. I was planning on sending it to Dwaynes since they only charge $10 a roll to process, but I want to be sure they will do a good job. Any one had any experiences, good or bad they'd like to share? I really appreciate it.

Will

• Premium Member

Hi, i use Dwayne's on a regular basis, 99% of the time for kodachrome processing, infact i've just shipped 8 rolls of 16mm and double super 8, touch wood, processing along with cust service has been superb... I occasionally use Dwaynes for 64t but i tend to ship film that requires the E6 process to Andec as i dont get hit in inport duties..

• Premium Member

I've used Dwayne's for Kodachrome & Ektachrome 64 Super 8 processing and Kodachrome & Ektachrome 100D processing in 16mm all with excellent results.

I've also used them for color, B&W, Kodachrome & Ektachrome 35mm still film and 120 film with excellent results. Perhaps a little weak on B&W but very reasonably priced.

Also used their Super 8 and Regular 8 film transfer service. Quality was ok but I wouldn't say they were experts with a Workprinter. Fine for "dailies" but I've seen better results out of that machine.