updated my website

Looking good. I had been wondering why there weren't any reels of your work on your website. I saw that you added the MC commercial, which looks good BTW _although the playback window is on the smaller side, which is the way to for handheld devices such as iPhones and such, but not for a full browser experience.

Anyway, in the past, you have posted about sending your reel to producers. I was wondering if you had any plans to put a version of your demo reel online (they generally are works in progress and there is never a final version of one, as far as I am concerned). There are HD Flash video sites such as Vimeo who let one embed the video clip and player onto an existing website. The clip can playback full screen at the click of a button as well. Then one can have a small version for the handheld playback and a bigger one for desktop viewing. This may be more than you may be willing to undertake, but I was just curious.

• Premium Member

I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the quality better online -- I cut my reel on iMovie using 60i DVCAM copies, and one montage was cut from a DVD, but it seems like I'd somehow have to convert them to 24P just to compress them better for web presentation.

Stunning really. I love the desaturated look of Manure. Not so much the smell, but it really fit with the subject matter and the art direction. Stay Cool looked really nice and the color palette really popped. I've always liked light and dark areas creating the illusion of depth. Pools of light always look better. I think the framing is top notch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
You cut your reel on iMovie???? Surely, they have a copy of Final Cut floating around the clubhouse.

I'm not going to drive from Mar Vista to Hollywood just to use a computer at the ASC offices... and I'm not sure they'd let me steal a copy, if that's what you mean.

Eventually I'll upgrade my Mac laptop and get FCP. Right now, it's a bit underpowered for putting a lot of video clips on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the quality better online -- I cut my reel on iMovie using 60i DVCAM copies, and one montage was cut from a DVD, but it seems like I'd somehow have to convert them to 24P just to compress them better for web presentation.

David

Obviously I dont know the specifics of your "trouble" but it sounds like you could use Sorenson Squeeze. Its a piece of software that allows a tremendous amount of control in encoding your video so you can strike that balance between high quality video and small file size leading to quick down loads.

I had a friend drive the software for me and we got very good results for my site. check it out.