Optar illuminas T1.3 vs Zeiss MK1 T1.3 super 16 lenses

• Premium Member

Price ;)

They're both fine lenses. I have a set of Optars and they've worked fine for me so far. I feel the 16mm I have is a little bit soft on occasion, could probably use a columnation. I can't speak for the MK1s, but there's some good reading on them here

http://www.cinematechnic.com/resources/zei...1,2_lenses.html

That's the set I have (S16) . 9.5, 12, 16, 25, 50mm with PL mounts.DUCLOS LENSES just tuned them up and blacked out all the metric markings and repainted all the rest bright yellow. They have never looked so good! As far as image goes, they deliver a very clean, sharp image with (minimal) flaring... flaring is better achieved with a filter or in Post as these lenses seem to fight flare very well. I love them. Shot features with them... great sturdy pieces of Glass. :wub:

To give them a little more range I use an Aspheron and 1/2,1,2,3 Diopters.

That's the set I have (S16) . 9.5, 12, 16, 25, 50mm with PL mounts.DUCLOS LENSES just tuned them up and blacked out all the metric markings and repainted all the rest bright yellow. They have never looked so good! As far as image goes, they deliver a very clean, sharp image with (minimal) flaring... flaring is better achieved with a filter or in Post as these lenses seem to fight flare very well. I love them. Shot features with them... great sturdy pieces of Glass. :wub:

To give them a little more range I use an Aspheron and 1/2,1,2,3 Diopters.

I can give you a very very good price on a set of NEW S16mm Optar Illuninas, Immediate delivery. If interested please contact me:

fred@fjsinternational.com (dealer).

Thanks!