35mm DP/Op sought for 10 days in Vermont, late August

Guest Jon Andrews

Guest Jon Andrews

Hi Folks-

I'm planning a semi-documentary shoot for August 24-29 in Brandon, Vermont (USA). I've got 14,000 feet of medium ends and recans, a freshly-serviced Konvas 2M, and a plan with a 10% chance of success.

I'm ready to shoot this film myself, if necessary, but I'd love to collaborate with a skilled cinematographer if I can find someone with the right temperament and resume, and I'd be happy to trade my Konvas package (camera, motor, 5 lenses and 5 mags) for the privilege. I also have a very nice KEM 6-plate to trade, if you're a die-hard Luddite.

I haven't shot a proper film since 1995, but that project ("Short Change") won a Student Academy Award, and I'm now teaching film at Yale--which isn't to say I'm Orson Welles, but please know that I take my work very seriously, and I have high expectations for this film.

If anyone's interested, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll tell you more about the project.

Warm regards,

Jon

• Premium Member

Hey Jon,

I'd be happy to take you up on that if it includes a couch for me to sleep on while up there, and so long as I can afford it (e.g. work it out so I can still cover my bills while away).

Have a look @ my site, http://www.adriansierkowski.com it's got my reel and my resume on there as well as the gear I own if you're so interested.

best of luck regardless!

~Adrian

Hey Jon,

I'd be happy to take you up on that if it includes a couch for me to sleep on while up there, and so long as I can afford it (e.g. work it out so I can still cover my bills while away).

Have a look @ my site, http://www.adriansierkowski.com it's got my reel and my resume on there as well as the gear I own if you're so interested.

best of luck regardless!

~Adrian

Looks like a good match for you Adrian! Short shoot, near documentary conditions, somewhat impossible.

Has your M.O. all over it! ;)

I think you should definitely try and work out how you can fit this in and make it happen.

love

Freya

Hi Folks-

I'm planning a semi-documentary shoot for August 24-29 in Brandon, Vermont (USA). I've got 14,000 feet of medium ends and recans, a freshly-serviced Konvas 2M,

What kinds of type of motor have of your Konvas-2M camera ? crystal sync speed ? 15 EPSS ?

You wish shoot with telecine transfer and Digital post production ? NTSC format ?

What value of speed you will use ? 24 fps ?