Epic Prototype at IBC X

Stephen Williams

• Premium Member

Here are some pictures from IBC, sorry it's taken so long.

This was a non working prototype. Build finish was way better than anything I have seen from Red before. The EVF was showing a Macbeth chart, looked very sharp, about 1/3 of the size of the current one.

The small set up could shoot at 100 fps as is, only power is missing.

Stephen

post-3524-1253558781.jpg

post-3524-1253558860.jpg

post-3524-1253558897.jpg

post-3524-1253558934.jpg

post-3524-1253558983.jpg

post-3524-1253559112.jpg

• Premium Member
Oh Phil, always the optimist ;)

It was non-working you say though, any word on why they only brought a mock up?

I don't really have anything to say on the subject. since all we're looking at is a piece of sculpture.

It's just that when certain people see "Last Post by Keith Walters" in the Red folder, it sends their organs of sycophantation into overdrive... :lol:

But here's something Red-related but not RED-related:

This was the view outside my front door at 6:45AM this morning:

dust1.jpg

dust2.jpg

After some badly-needed rain last night, a huge dust storm blew in from the desert this morning. The iron-rich dust makes a real mess of everything. Even my car was covered in dust, and it was parked in a locked garage!

It's a sign I tell you! A sign!!

By the way, Stephen, couldn't you have made the files a bit smaller before posting them? (Or is there some contractural thing where pictures of RED products can only displayed in "4K" resolution ) :rolleyes:

• Premium Member
Ahh, it is the Red Planet ;)

Somebody came out here some time back to shoot one of those "Red Planet" features ("Mission to Mars"? can't remember). Australian deserts make a good stand-in for Mars because of all the red sand and dust. But once in every so many years it rains, all the dormant seeds germinate, and in a very short time the lansdcape is completely covered in lush green vegetation and beautiful flowers. So, after several years of drought, guess what happened the moment they set up shop here?

In the end they shot it in an old quarry in Sydney not far from where I live, which they could have done just as easily back home :lol:

• Premium Member
By the way, Stephen, couldn't you have made the files a bit smaller before posting them? (Or is there some contractural thing where pictures of RED products can only displayed in "4K" resolution ) :rolleyes:

I had forgotten that this site did not automatically re-size. I had to compress them which was the reason for the delay.