Which Filter?

• Premium Member
Hello everybody, i want to buy Glass 4x4" filter for my camcorder but i don't knopw exactly which has better quality, can you help me?

I want to buy ND grad. 03; 06; 09; 1.2

which is better: Format, Lee, Schneider, Tiffen?

thank you

I like the schneiders best as well. Tiffen NDs sometimes look warm to me. The others have, in my opinion, slightly lesser quality or quality control.

• Premium Member

when it comes to filters, I only go Schneider or Tiffen. I bought a Formatt once, and it wasn't too bad, but doesn't compare to the rest of my collection. And by Plarize, I am guessing you mean Polarizer? I have a Tiffen which I like, though the Schneiders I've used have seemed slightly better (though costlier)

• Premium Member
when it comes to filters, I only go Schneider or Tiffen. I bought a Formatt once, and it wasn't too bad, but doesn't compare to the rest of my collection. And by Plarize, I am guessing you mean Polarizer? I have a Tiffen which I like, though the Schneiders I've used have seemed slightly better (though costlier)

Schneider TruPol. B)

• Premium Member
and please tell me what diference beetween hard and soft edges? thank you

That applies to graduated filters and it's just what it sounds like. Soft edge grads will have a very soft blend between the two parts and hard edge will be harder, though also with a blended area.